i was looking for soemthing over 1,000 and this is the closest thing i could find to kinda what i want. even though i dont really know what i want...

its a sugnature thing, so it should be good. and i heard schecter or whatever is a good brand. and i love a7x. and ive always wanted a whammy.

only problem is last guitar i had with whammy, an ibanez, it was a floyed rose, just like this, and it literally would NOT tune. no matter what i did with it. we even took it to the shop to get it tuned and by the time we got it home it was back to crap tuning. it was a used guitar but that kinda ruined me with floyed roses....are they all evil and stupid as that? or was it prolly cuz whoever had it last screwed it up??

and is this even a good guitar? ive been playing with a Peavey Rotor, so i dunno.

any opinions would be nice!! (except that a7x sucks..)

thanks! peace!
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
a link would be nice. You know, so we can know what the hell you're talking about.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You do realize that when you tune a guitar with a FR you unlock the nut, tune, lock the nut back down, then fine tune with the tuners on the bridge (if necessary) dont you?
yeah on the FR subject
chances are it was a licensed FR anyways...
if you have that problem and you have an actual fr original... you suck, haha
check out LTD M1000, very nice
Quote by Its_Rock77
well, for current thrash I would have to say breakaway by kelly clarkson is pretty brutally hard to play...

Jackson DKMG
Fender Strat
B.C. Rich Warlock <--P.O.S.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You do realize that when you tune a guitar with a FR you unlock the nut, tune, lock the nut back down, then fine tune with the tuners on the bridge (if necessary) dont you?

If he's about to buy a $1,000 guitar, I really hope he knew that...
Quote by i_am_metalhead
He's talking about the Schecter Synyster Gates signature - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

thanks.

To Ts,
I haven't played that guitar, but I've found that most signature guitars are overpriced for their quality. There's other schecter's with floyd roses that costs less and are just as good.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by i_am_metalhead
He's talking about the Schecter Synyster Gates signature - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

I heard the customs were good and that the standards were not so much. Also im to sure about the sh-8 on the neck. Btw there are much better guitars and signature guitars in this price range.
What specs do you want?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Actually dude I've played the SYN custom and it was amazing to be dead honest, and this is coming from a person who doesnt listen to AX7. Neck is PERFECT the invaders are hair raising. Just make sure you have a decent amp. I would buy it if I had cash.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
yeah, i meant to link sorry. its that but on guitarcenter. and yes i knew about the floyed rose and how to tune it. it just wouldnt stay in tune. i tuned it and all that, and it just went out...like...

id unlock one nut for the first 2 strings, tune the high e, go the the b string by the time i tune the b string the e was out. i tund the e again, the b was out...so i tried uning them as fast as i could, then locked it...they went out.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
and i dont know what specs im looking for. just anything thats not so much of a beginner guitar ya know? something i can use for like...ever and wont get too noobish after a while...
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Quote by Blaster Bob
If he's about to buy a $1,000 guitar, I really hope he knew that...

Well by his description it sounds like he has no clue how an FR system works because whoever he took it to was able to get his guitar in tune but "no matter what he did" he wasnt able to get it in tune himself.
Quote by iced_inferno
yeah on the FR subject
chances are it was a licensed FR anyways...
if you have that problem and you have an actual fr original... you suck, haha
check out LTD M1000, very nice

He's talking about an ibanez, and ibanez guitars don't have licensed or original floyd rose bridges. Ibanez designs them with gotoh i think (don't quote me on that).

Maybe it was a crappy edge III, who knows.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well by his description it sounds like he has no clue how an FR system works because whoever he took it to was able to get his guitar in tune but "no matter what he did" he wasnt able to get it in tune himself.

no...i mean without anybody even touching the guitar, by the time it got home from being tuned, it was back to how it was before we took it. i knew somewhat what i was doing. ive watched videos on youtube about how to tune it and string it and stuff...we even tried putting new strings, still didnt do anything.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp