I'm learning a tenacious D song "tribute" right now and I'm having a hell of a time getting volume out of hammer ons and pull offs.

I don't know if it's my gear or my arm currently.

I had a pacemaker install little under a month ago and I couldn't use it for about 3 weeks and I started playing again last week.

So could it be my arm it self?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
your volume isnt good.......... hmmm........ all i can think of is your volume on your guitar is down to low.... or maybe wen you hammer on you're not hitting the note precise enough.......... soz..... have no real advie for a situation like this my hammer ons are teh pwnage
The hammer-ons you might not be hitting hard enough, but as for the pull-offs make sure you're not just lifting your finger off the string. You want to put some force behind it; the motion should be as though you're trying to flick your finger down towards the floor.
Thanks guys, I do know that my volume on my guitar is very good on my teachers crate amp that he uses. and it's an OLD acoustic amp he uses for his teaching.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
If you're relatively new to guitar you probably just need to build up finger strength. You actually have to hammer on pretty hard to get it to ring loud and clear. I once got disillusioned with guitar for a while and stopped playing long enough for my callouses to go away and the next time I tried to hammer, it was murder!
Quote by Blaster Bob
If you're relatively new to guitar you probably just need to build up finger strength. You actually have to hammer on pretty hard to get it to ring loud and clear. I once got disillusioned with guitar for a while and stopped playing long enough for my callouses to go away and the next time I tried to hammer, it was murder!

Well I'm only 2 years in to playing and I had to learn the whole notes and stuff first before I could play ( that was murder lol )

Anyhoo I had quit about 4 months because I got discouraged for a while but guitar hero III is fueling my anger and making learning easy

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.