does anyone know how ups delivers your things when its raining?
i recently ordered a guitar and its supposed to be coming next week and unfortunately its gonna rain all week. would they put the package in a rainproof cover or do they just leave it there???
ive ordered online alot before but never when raining.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
they just deliver it, if it's marked properly it will be fitted with a plastic cover. UPS packages spend a very small amount of time outdoors uncovered usually. They are loaded from the warehouse onto plains in covered bins then they are put in a local shipping center untill they are put into the trucks and bought to your house. Of course while that happens we do throw them around a lot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
sorry i meant when the package arrives at my house, its raining and im not home.
would they leave the package out in the rain?
everytime ive had something delivered it was in nice weather so i dont worry about the package being left out but in the rain??
yes, they leave it on your porch if you have one, inside a clear plastic bag.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
UPS usually knock on your door when they deliver big packages.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
uhh for something like that usually someone has to sign for it, I wouldn't want a guitar left outside with no one home period. But yeah if you sign the thing telling them to leave it it will get left in the rain, although usually the delivery guys are nice enough to put it somewhere reasonably dry if at all possible.

and yes it will be in a garbage bag type thing also.

Last.fm
oh ok thanks for the help
i hope they deliver it after i get off work
u don't have anywhere that won't get wet? o.O

i actually have a porch. but it gets soaked LOL.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Once your package is on the truck, it is in good hands. While it is in the hub, however, it will probably be stepped on, thrown around, and probably be used as a pillow during break time
Quote by imgooley
Once your package is on the truck, it is in good hands. While it is in the hub, however, it will probably be stepped on, thrown around, and probably be used as a pillow during break time

they usually don't get stepped on, they do get thrown a lot and occasionally drop kicked.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
they usually don't get stepped on, they do get thrown a lot and occasionally drop kicked.

gee thats reassuring
Quote by RatmN'Roses
gee thats reassuring

Isn't it? I worked at UPS for like 3 years, we really don't give a shit what happens to your stuff.

Last.fm
At FedEx we actually care about the packages unlike at United Package Smashers.
I worked at Fed Ex too, it was pretty much the same deal, the only difference was that more people where sober.

Last.fm
Quote by Doobergn

Oh snap! looks like we're have us a package delivery service BRAWL!
SHIT IS GOING DOWN!!!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I worked at Fed Ex too, it was pretty much the same deal, the only difference was that more people where sober.

Not at the fedex that I worked at....

But we were straight hood though
if the tracking information says its supposed to be delivered on 3/20/08
could i expect it to come a few days earlier? or are they right on the dot that day.
(its been awhile since ive ordered online)and im just really worried about the guitar getting damaged cause this is my first decent guitar. ive been playing on a crappy (but nice) squier for 3 years!
Yeah, only time I ever got anything early was when FedEx delivered my package.
It's not likely you ever get a package early from anyone they usually need every bit of that delivery time but I guess it does happen sometimes.
UPS usually drags guitar packages on the back on the truck, then the worker drags the box through puddles to your door, rings your bell, and violently throws the package onto the concrete. Good luck getting that guitar in one peice.
If no one comes to the door, or if no one is home, they put it in a thick plastic bag, so that it doesn't get wet.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Doobergn

UPS also stands for U People Suck.