Hope I spelled that right lol. Ok, when I adjust the innotation on my ibanez rx-40 the string goes out of tune, then I tune the string back up and the innotation is off. Am I doing something wrong? Please help me
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
its intonation. intonation is pretty much the difference of the note of the open string and at the 12th fret (of any string). intonation is tuned by the bridge. if you have a fixed bridge, your neck might be warped. if it is not a fixed bridge (ie floyd rose, tremelo, etc) then you can easily fix it by adjusting the screws/what it has to adjust it.
I think my necks probably warped . I have a tremolo similar to a strat's on my guitar, if that helps any. I tune the guitar, then I adjust the intonation(ty for the spelling fix ) and the string is is out of tune . Any ideas?
My guitars-
in that case, here's what you do.

1. tune the string normally (using a tuner, dont use the 5th fret stuff, wont work here)
2. hold it at the 12th fret, then tune again
3. tune it normally again
4. now, hold it at the 12th again, but this time use your bridge to tune it, using either the quick tuners or the tension screws with the spring on the front side of it.
that is pretty much how i do mine, and i get it perfect all the time, but then again i have a floyd rose and it is a lot simpler. if you still need help, you can google it. google has answers to everything......lol
The tune on a string will change when you move the saddle to adjust for intonation. You adjust it retune then adjust, retune etc until both are right. But its hard to set if the neck isnt adjusted right and you want the action set to. If you do intonation then adjust action and neck then the intonation will be out again. So its a bit of a process.
Well I got it pretty darn close thanks to you guys . I really need a new axe, but I have to make this one work for awhile. Ty very much . I'll check the neck tomorrow because I don't have an allen wrench right now.
My guitars-