so i have a peavey 5150 plus. my question is this...
i need a cab and i want one that is around 500 or priced around around there on ebay or something.
also price aside what would be a nice sounding cab?
i play death metal mostly. like the faceless, born of osiris, at the throne of judment.
so it has to be tight with nice mids.
thanks for the help bros
Try to find something loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. They are used by many great bands like Metallica and Dimmu Borgir.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Vadar.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
orange cabs are awesome
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by burn_the_lamb_
what would be a nice sounding cab?
i play death metal mostly.

There's something ironic about that...

But yeah, Avatar is great on a budget. You could get a 2x12 with V30's, or G12T75's, or both, that would work great for you. Should be able to find a Mesa Recto cab for under $500. Vaders and the Genz Benz G-flex get good reviews for metal, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The G-Flex cab is definitely worth considering. It has fantastic bass response and is very crisp sounding. That and it's very easy to move.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought the Vader cabs were ugly as sin. Not that this "should" affect your decision, but it definitely affected mine.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
If you are tight on money, or if you could spend as much as you want, Avatar Contemporary 2x12 with Vintage 30's or combo a V30 with a Gh1230 and you will never be happier. I'd throw one up against any 2x12 out there.
Vader 212 - haven't played any others, so take it for what you will, but I just got mine and am playing speed/black metal through a 5150. It's forking chunky and killer.
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade