I just tryed both the Xiphos 7 string and the laney gh100l.
The laney is a great amp for death metal it completely nails the tone from Necroticism by carcass.
The Xiphos was not good imo because the input jack could not hold onto the lead and the lead kept falling out.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Put the cord under your strap. It's that easy.

And uhm. You shouldn't judge a guitar if the only minus is that your cord keeps falling? Do you like the sound or the feel?

And Laney GH's are amazing. I have the GH50L. Amazing.

Congratulations for new gear!
Last edited by nakki at Mar 14, 2008,
the xiphos by itself is f*ck*ng great....i'm getting it once i get back to the states next month. i played it twice so far and i fell in love. i told my one buddy about it and next thing you know, he has one......kinda pissed me off, but i am still getting one. well, he does suck at guitar anyway.....lmao
i love the xiphos 7 string i really want one and a peavey 6506 or 5105 would be nice.
once i get the money for them
Quote by nakki
Put the cord under your strap. It's that easy.

And uhm. You shouldn't judge a guitar if the only minus is that your cord keeps falling? Do you like the sound or the feel?

And Laney GH's are amazing. I have the GH50L. Amazing.

Congratulations for new gear!

I didn't buy i just tryed :P

I wasn't using a strap.

ps does the gh50l sound exactly the same as the gh100l, because i might sell my mesa to buy a gh50l half stack.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Last edited by Slayer566 at Mar 14, 2008,
Would belive it would sound the same, I think i gotta get a xiphos
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
why would you sell the mark III there awesome your probebly better off with the GH50 so you can crank it more
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

the mark III is awesome but, it feels like it is lacking something and I would rather a more plug and play amp.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
have you looked at the TT series laneys
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

na, are the tt series any good for metal?
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10