Check out the 'Official electronics for acoustics' thread stickied at the top of the forum.
LR Baggs is a good bet. I have the I-Beam. $139 and does a nice job. Sounds natural and not twangy like the magnetic pickups.
One of the best pickups for an acoustic that I've have been k&k mini pure westerns. They sound great and are easy to install. Just buy a outboard preamp and your set.
+10 for the k&k and the preamp is not totally neccessary i did buy one from k&k and i use it for mostly volume control the pickup is quite loud for a passive system.
In my opinion the Carlos acoustic pickups/preamps/amps/ are by far the best in the market as far as quality is concerned and suit most acoustic styles.However they are quite expensive and definitely not afforable for a normal player.Anyway check them out in the net they are really worth a look.They are the type of guitar accessories that make you daydream and feel jealous.
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
Quote by anita prs bad
+10 for the k&k and the preamp is not totally neccessary i did buy one from k&k and i use it for mostly volume control the pickup is quite loud for a passive system.

It's not neccessary but it's great to have as a volume control and an EQ. But it's definitely loud enough to push through most mixes.