either doing something suitably epic to get over it

if its someone you respect, apologise and continue like nothing happend...itll soon beforgotten

or just lay low for a little.
Depends on what the story behind it is...?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Essentially, whatever aspect of life you took a hit in, you merely need to experience success there again. For example, if a girl rejects you or makes you feel like ****, then you merely need to go out and get laid by some other girl and you'll be cured of your bruised pride.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Mar 14, 2008,
Yeah mate, couple panadols, you'll be fine.

It depends on the nature of your pride and what happened which damaged it. Pride is a concept that exists at a personal level. It's your interpretation of yourself, so really if youre egotistical enough, you wouldnt ever have bruised pride, but if it is bruised, then you need to reevaluate your considerations of yourself and adjust your values. That will do it.
Beer.

The cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Beer.

learn from your mistakes do your best to do the right thing bounce back dont dwell on it and as above beer
Quote by seljer

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Hobolad
Depends on what the story behind it is...?

its a really long story, like 5years long.
Quote by dispreferred
its a really long story, like 5years long.

i sense epicness... do tell
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Alcohol?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
kill yourself. cut yourself off from society. wallow in your own self pity.

or do what i do, drink until you can't feel feelings anymore. then stalk your ex-girlfriend online.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by Bronek
i sense epicness... do tell

its a just a giant story of love, sex and betrayal. You wouldn't wana hear a thing like that...
Well.. if you don't wanna tell I can't make you. The pride will return. You just need a pride transplant. It's more about not caring than about forgetting what happened to you. It's pretty hard to go on sometimes but just.. go on
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
rape someone
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by dispreferred
its a just a giant story of love, sex and betrayal. You wouldn't wana hear a thing like that...

You tell something like this in the Pit?!

Idiot...EVERYBODY wants to hear that ****
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Bronek
Well.. if you don't wanna tell I can't make you. The pride will return. You just need a pride transplant. It's more about not caring than about forgetting what happened to you. It's pretty hard to go on sometimes but just.. go on

He's hinting that he would like to tell us. Do tell us.
Yeh, that not caring part is a real biatch to master. If it wasn't i'd be well past this by now.

the biggest problem with my situation, is that it happened to me once, like 5 years ago AND THEN the same damn thing happened to me again, it gets a little tougher at that point, ya know? And the worst part is not knowing the specifics of any of it, so aside from spending my time feeling ****e about it, i get to spend the rest of my time wondering if this is even anything i should give a damn about.
Go to the movies alone. That always helps me. Don't know why.. it makes me feel better.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
Quote by metacarpi
Beer.

/agree
I don't want to sound like a jackass or anything, and I'm not trying to flame or any of that rubbish, but my serious advice would be to stop self-pitying, and throw yourself whole-heartedly into something, be it guitar, work, or some other hobby.

It'll help take your mind off it, and you'll be back on track in no time!

Quote by GLP_Arclite