Basically, when I have internet exporer running, the memory usage just keeps going up until I close it down.

It's not streams or file downloads, because my received data stays pretty much the same. During the course of writing this, the memory usage has risen from 120mb to 150mb. Usually it reaches 600mb before my computer stops.

I've run norton, and I've live updated, so I don't think I can get rid of it with that.

Any ideas? this is extremely annoying. And how the hell is it happening? I don't understand.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Child In Time
omg did your homepage come up like about:blank????

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
get firefox and then do the memory leak edit.
I got some good guitars, yo.
OMG ITZ A VIRUS LOLOL!!!

But seriously, this is called a memory leak. It could be happening because of a plugin you installed.

And chances are nothing that goes wrong with your computer will be a virus. Provided that you use IE7/Firefox and have current antivirus software, it's very difficult to actually get a virus.