So I recently moved to japan, father is in the navy and all that jazz and I happened to come across an american vintage 75 reissue fender jazz bass for 600 dollars. or 60,000 yen :P

anyways, the manager said it was on sale, it was 100,000 yen originally but they were celebrating an anniversary or something, so I bought it. I remember in the good ol' U.S. that the fender jazz bass 75's go for around 1500ish or so dollars? (Not too sure...) But was this a good deal? It's not an american fender by the way, it's CIJ (Crafted in Japan.)
I'm enjoying it anyway, much better than my squier. Just wondering if it was a good deal or not.
The CIJ fenders are better than the MIM fenders IMO. That was a nice find.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
A new CIJ Fender for $600 is a great deal. But I mean... the dude said the original price was 100,000, and you paid 60,000... doesn't that tell you all you need to know?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I would keep it but i suppose the resell value would be good compared to the price you bought it for. It's in good condition, right?
Yes, it's brand new as a matter of fact. Only reason it was 40% off was the anniversary the store was having, I was planning to get an Ibanez.
that's really cool, pics?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"