Quote by Steve The Plank
Bastards! I only just got the DD-6 a couple of months ago.

Oh well, I never use it anyway.

Snap!

Well, I have been using it a bit recently for recording actually, but still.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
it looks pretty much the same thing. I dont think i need a selay time of 6.4 sec. If i needed that much time I would probably be just using a loop station
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
it looks pretty much the same thing. I dont think i need a selay time of 6.4 sec. If i needed that much time I would probably be just using a loop station

Yeah. I don't even use the max delay of my dd-3. But out of curiosity, I have not used or even heard the tap tempo feature of a delay.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

doesn't look bad, but like with the dd-6, i think its fundamentally flawed in that i don't think its suited to a single stompbox format. that format is great for analog delays and simple digital delays, but once you throw in tap tempo and all the other interesting features, i think you need, at the very least, to do what line 6 did with the dual function pedal, and preferably i think you need to take a dual stomp format. i mean, seriously, for the cost of a dd-6 you can buy a headrush... sure, you lose bells and whistles in one place, but you gain them elsewhere and ease of use is about a billion times better.

re: the long delay time, sure it doesn't seem that useful, but you'd be surprised. i mean, what if you want delay running at maybe a bar or two at a slow tempo? there you go, you just used your max delay time. furthermore, it certainly doesn't hurt to have it, so why complain?

re: tap tempo. join a band. once you do, you'll find you need it. it lets you set your delays in sync with the tempo which you are playing at. if that isnt useful, i don't know what is.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Mar 14, 2008,
tap tempo is nice, but not totally necessary. the only thing I like better about the dd-6 compared to the dd-3 is stereo outputs and reverse delay. so the 7 is just more features that I wouldn't use.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Just got mine , it does just about everything you could ever need. I bought it secondhand with a Boss fs-5u. The tap tempo is very good. I also have a boss PH-3 phaser so built a lead from the FS-5u that controls the both pedals tempo's and it works a treat. I think you need the extrenal pedal to get the best from the delay for live work. Its sort of got a mini version of the loop station built into it giving 20sec in stereo. i found i can do the same with the long delay setting it repeats enough for a long verse to a song. The Analouge and modualtion settings are real nice. Aslo the fact you can plug a stereo effect into it. You need to read the manual to get the most from it because it detects which input you use for pan or stero and to double the delay lengths if you use mono.
Quote by mumford
Just got mine , it does just about everything you could ever need. I bought it secondhand with a Boss fs-5u. The tap tempo is very good. I also have a boss PH-3 phaser so built a lead from the FS-5u that controls the both pedals tempo's and it works a treat. I think you need the extrenal pedal to get the best from the delay for live work. Its sort of got a mini version of the loop station built into it giving 20sec in stereo. i found i can do the same with the long delay setting it repeats enough for a long verse to a song. The Analouge and modualtion settings are real nice. Aslo the fact you can plug a stereo effect into it. You need to read the manual to get the most from it because it detects which input you use for pan or stero and to double the delay lengths if you use mono.

way to bump a 7 month old thread but at least you used the search bar
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
will any old footswitch work for the dd7's external tap tempo?
"Could I have egg, sausage, chips and beans, and a tea." - Nick Mason
Yep, any momentary footswitch. But it needs to be in normally closed configuration or have a polarity switch. Do a Froogle search or at some place like Musician's Friend ... there are some in the $7 - $8 range that will work.

If you use a normally open switch the DD-7 will think you are holding down the pedal constantly except when you press it. It will sort of work for tap tempo but won't work just right, and might kick on the looper instantly any time you switch to loop mode. Basically weird things will happen when in loop or tap tempo mode because the pedal thinks you are never lifting your foot up except when you step on it.

Another option is to build one for a few $ with a soldering gun, 1/4" jack, normally closed footswitch, a couple wires, and some type of box or enclosure to mount the jack and switch in.
No.

You need a momentary/non-latching footswitch to use with the DD-7 tap tempo function.