ive been playing for a year and a bit now....and ive learned most of the basics but i like challenging myself so i always try and learn sumthing harder....my right hands fine i can sweep pick economy pick....but my left hand like goes retarded after a bit....should i keep practising it fast or should i go back to the basics and try and jus alternate picking....i know u guys have said do it slow at first then werk your way up....but i only get to a certain point and my fingers go lame ...so i guess im saying am i jus not ready to do n e thin crazy yet...or do i jus suck balls lol
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
if you cant co-ordinate both hands then you can't do something ie you can't sweep pick at all if your two hands don't match up.

You're getting way too far ahead of yourself - there's no point practicing something "fast" if you can't actually play it because all that happens is you learn it wrong, practice it wrong and play it wrong. I know it's frustrating but essentially you're trying to play way faster than you're capable of and it's going to take a long time to get there. Play things at a speed at which you can play them PERFECTLY and gradualyl build from there - getting fast takes years, not months, weeks or days.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ya its not like i cant do it though....like i can do a lil sweep picking parts in solos...its jus tryin to do it for awhile....i wanna learn to shred high and fore most...i jus wanna know how to get there.....i dun wanna over werk myself...but the guitars like crack lol
my gear lol:
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
if your left hand "goes retarded after a bit" then you can't do it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
so now what...i jus give up lol
my gear lol:
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by UncleCthulhu
do exercises to a metronome. Start at a low bpm and then once you're consistently accurate at that tempo, increase the speed slightly. When you get to a speed where you start to make mistakes keep praticing at that tempo until you get it perfectly.

It'll take a while but it'll mean that you have accuracy, timing/rhythm and stamina. Which is essentially the 3 things to aim for in terms of technique.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
u cant sweep after only a year of playing. ive been playing for 5 and only started sweeping a year ago. dont try to do things you cant do just give it time dude and everything will soon even out