hope i spelt intermediate right... anyway ive been playing for a year and im looking to learn some new songs in e standerd tuning.

i looked through my playlist (fairly small) and most of them are drop tunned or waaay to hard.

anyway this is for my band to play at the next school concert.

what we realy want is something with a fairly awsome solo that someone whos been playing 8 months can play. (ive been playing a year and the other guitarist has been playing 8-9 moths and we were gonna harmonize the solo if possible.)

preferbly metal or rock of some sort.

Paranoid i guess would be a good option
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
any pump up song like killing in the name by RATM(requires a Whammy Pedal), Freya by the sword(drop c), american woman by the Who, intro to Voodoo Child(wah of course), One bourbon, one scotch, one beer by George Therogood
Quote by valdean
Smells like teen spirit.

Intermediate?

Metallica is fairly good for someone that played 9 months. Ride The Lightning or Battery would be cool.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by Sakattack75
any pump up song like killing in the name by RATM(requires a Whammy Pedal), Freya by the sword(drop c), american woman by the Who, intro to Voodoo Child(wah of course), One bourbon, one scotch, one beer by George Therogood

well i dont have a whammy pedal and im not going to use drop c.
Quote by MurderWorship
Intermediate?

Metallica is fairly good for someone that played 9 months. Ride The Lightning or Battery would be cool.

metallica is good for any skill level. their main riffs are usually easy (except a few). Their 80's stuff is a bit more challenging (and better) than their later stuff, it also sounds more impressive. if you do go with metallica, i wouldn't use anything out of the 80's, because they stopped using standard somewhere in the 90's

sorry for rambling on a bit. If you just want standard tuning, you're not going to get very much metal. I suggest learning a bit about drop tunings and experimenting with a few if you want to play any really heavy stuff.
The Call Of Ktulu

good song, easy to play, sounds good.

IMO of course.

any metallica, judas priest.

children of bodom has a lot of decently easy riffs too, minus the solos
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
The Call Of Ktulu

good song, easy to play, sounds good.

IMO of course.

any metallica, judas priest.

children of bodom has a lot of decently easy riffs too, minus the solos

i haven't listened to children of bodom, but metallica is kinda the same way. unless you get stuff like For whom the bell tolls. that would probably be their easiest song.