Hey,

I'm looking at purchasing a Fender 1972 Reissue Telecaster Deluxe in Arctic White from an online shop as none of the stores around me stock it, and so I haven't had a chance to actually play one. I've watched videos on YouTube and had a Google around, but I can't determine how heavy the sound will be.

I currently use two HSS Strats and am looking for an instrument with a deeper tone similar to that of a Les Paul (for playing My Chemical Romance and the rest) but preferably with a Fender logo on it. Is the Tele Deluxe reasonably deep or is it really bright/twangy with the dual humbuckers?
it'll be deeper than a normal tele, but not the same as a les paul
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by yeskia
... Is the Tele Deluxe reasonably deep or is it really bright/twangy with the dual humbuckers?

Twangy isn't the description I'd use for the '72 double Humbuckers. It'll be heavier than your HSS Strat but it won't sound like the Les Paul. Beautiful guitars!

The Les Paul sound is due to the wood. Mahogany guitars sound darker.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments

i had one, i got for a hundred + off from mf because it was a blem.

i liked it, but i returned it, bacause the body felt like a plank of wood. no contour and a little heavy. and yeah, not deep like an lp. much brighter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I thought the whole point of getting a Telecaster was to get a little "twang?"

If you really want to keep the Fender name on the headstock, the only thing that comes to mind would be a Fender Showmaster.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Where on earth do you get the white one?! Do want!

Ahem. I'd say the Deluxe is pretty twangy, even with humbuckers. Pretty bright, but can go mellow too. Depends on how much twang you want as to whether it would be suitable, though.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
the neck pickup on sclean settings is extremley nice and has alittle twang too it. perfect for blues. i like it more than my strat for blues. the distortion for the bridge is really nice. it really gets the dirty and gritty overdrive. really nice guitar overall. it doesnt get enough attention