ok so my ibanez TS-9 kicked it..... i beat the hell out of it man but should i get another TS-9 or try a diffrent company? i was thinking eather way of sendin it to Analog man who does tube screamer mods for KWS and a bunch of other people..... but what to do?
Get it fixed and modded.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
bad monkey
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by darkarbiter7
Get it fixed and modded.

i would get it fixed however it was the circutboard thats ****ed up..... its cracked.....
Check out the MI audio crunchbox. Some where between an 808 and a hotcakes. Great sounder.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I used and loved the Ibanez TS808 for a long time, however recently I had a TS7 modded by Joe Bodenhamer @ Bodenhamer Electronics and it sounds exponentially better. I recommend getting the 'chaos mod'. He basically tweaks/changes some things so you get a fuller, richer sound with more flexibility.

He also lowers the high-pass filter so more lows pass through, while still maintaining the tight, crisp attack that Tube Screamers are known for. I've never run into one person who didn't love what he did to their pedals. I'm not affiliated with him whatsoever, I'm just stating what me and my band-mate use.
My Rig

Bernie Rico Jr Vixen 7-string (x2)
Ibanez XPT707 7-string
VHT Pittbull UL --> VHT 4x12

My Band / My Shop

Quote by Slayer566
bad monkey

I second this.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
in the sig its awesome
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

well both OD's are
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Maxon OD-9
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but I have a question about a tubescreamer and I figured I'd try asking it here. I have a JCM900 2100 stack and I'm needing something to boost it up a little bit for solos, or leads. Which tubescreamer should I buy? I want it to boost the voume up a little, and maybe add a touch more gain. I also dont want to sacrifice my amp's tone at all. I love the way my amp sounds for rhythm, it's perfect, but thats with the gain maxed. I need something that will just distinguish it a little from the rhythm when I go into a solo. Which model would you guys reccomend for that?
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Quote by Slayer566
bad monkey

doubt he would like it after using the ts9 so long
Quote by LastCaress88
Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but I have a question about a tubescreamer and I figured I'd try asking it here. I have a JCM900 2100 stack and I'm needing something to boost it up a little bit for solos, or leads. Which tubescreamer should I buy? I want it to boost the voume up a little, and maybe add a touch more gain. I also dont want to sacrifice my amp's tone at all. I love the way my amp sounds for rhythm, it's perfect, but thats with the gain maxed. I need something that will just distinguish it a little from the rhythm when I go into a solo. Which model would you guys reccomend for that?

Really depends on how you want to pay.

You could spend 50-odd bucks and get a TS7 modded to TS808 specs
If you want to spend 100, get a TS9
If you want to spend 150 or more, get a TS808 or a Maxon or something.

And, it's usually a bad idea to downgrade to a lower quality pedal when one is used to having a higher quality OD.
So, going from TS to BM is a bad idea.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 16, 2008,
Yeah, but which one would work best for what I said? I dont want to spend $150 on the TS808 if the TS9 could do the job. I want to completely keep my amps' tone, I just want a bit more volume and a bit more something to distinguish the tone when I turn the pedal on.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
I've had many tube screamers. A couple were Ibanez, 1 bad monkey, 1 was a Maxon, and I can't remember the brands of most of the others off the top of my head. My alltime favorite tube screamer clone was by www.cmatmods.com and it's called the tube slammer. Not only was his TS clone the cheapest, but it was also sounded best. You have to put up with the fact that it doesn't come with instructions and the paintjob sucks but it's a small price to pay for the tone this pedal will give you.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I've had many tube screamers. A couple were Ibanez, 1 bad monkey, 1 was a Maxon, and I can't remember the brands of most of the others off the top of my head. My alltime favorite tube screamer clone was by www.cmatmods.com and it's called the tube slammer. Not only was his TS clone the cheapest, but it was also sounded best. You have to put up with the fact that it doesn't come with instructions and the paintjob sucks but it's a small price to pay for the tone this pedal will give you.

Wow. That sounds really, really good.

I might actually have to look into one of these.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by protech487
doubt he would like it after using the ts9 so long

I got rid of my TS-9 after using the Bad Monkey. One of the guys I jam with prefers the BM to his TS-808.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Yeah, the Bad Monkey got a noob stample on because it's dirt cheap.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i have tryed the bad monkey and it wasnt what i was looking for. but i will look into the Bodenhamer and the cmatmods as well