This morning before school I played guitar a little bit through my Randall RG50TC. It started making some wierd popping noise but I just figured it was because the tubes weren't warmed up yet. But ya then all of a sudden it just turns off. Now it won't turn back on. I checked the plugin and tried a different outlet but it still doesn't turn on. So I left for school hoping that maybe it will work when I get home (but I doubt it).

Do you guys think its a fuse problem? I saw this little thingy on the back that said fuse so I know where it's at. I've never owned a tube amp before so Im pretty clueless here with this stuff. Any help is appreciated
Pull the fuse out and see if it's blown. If it's blown, then you know what the problem is.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
yeah just pull the fuse and check it. hope that's whats wrong because it would be the cheapest thing to fix.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kendall
Pull the fuse out and see if it's blown. If it's blown, then you know what the problem is.

I'm probably going to sound retarted for asking this but how can you tell if its blown? I'm quite new with this stuff.
if the filament inside isn't connected to both ends of the fuse, or if the glass is black or silver in places then it's blown.

Last.fm
Ok thankyou I will check when I get home. O and you can buy these fuses at any hardware store right? They aren't like special fuses or anything are they?
i dunno about hardware stores, I would try Radio Shack or a guitar store. Bring the old one with you so you now which type to get.

Last.fm
The same thing happened to my little randall 20 watt amp, It's a solid state so no tubes, but once the same thing happened to me, so I took it apart just to see if there was any loose connections than like a week later it just started working again. Then it happened again about two months later but that was my stupidity because the thing for the head phone jack was in it. That was quite stupid of me.It's probably just the fuse, Happened to my Fender Showman. Haven't got a fuse for that yet.
Fuses cost practically nothing - just replace it and see what happens! Have a look round your house, you'll probably find a few of the right rating somewhere.
If the pilot light comes on its probably not a fuse. Most likely it is the fuse so don't panic, fuses are cheap.
Be sure to buy a multi pack just to have; it's possible you could put in a bad fuse, causing it to blow again. It is also possible a power tube failed, causing the fuse to blow. Check the fuse first though.