To be taken somewhat seriously? Im really just starting out. I'm getting pretty good and fast with chords, but just starting on scales. I would like to create my own songs, but don't now how to construct them. How far off am I still to creating a band and to be taken somewhat seriously? Thank you!
as long as you can get along with your band mates and you can make up songs, then you can have a band. but please dont copy the mainstream music that's playing nowadays. do something different.
oh, to make the songs, keep experimenting. you can take advantage of your lack of knowledge (no offense) and can make something really different.
You don't have to be very good, but tbh if you aren't very good why would anybody good want to play with you. And if nobody is any good, the music can't possibly be that good either
To be taken somewhat seriously? Im really just starting out. I'm getting pretty good and fast with chords, but just starting on scales. I would like to create my own songs, but don't now how to construct them. How far off am I still to creating a band and to be taken somewhat seriously? Thank you!

Sounds to me that you are a basic rythm guitarist at this point. If you found a good lead guitarist, percussion, vocals etc. You could start a semi-serious band. Take some lessons from the lead guitarist while your playing he could probably learn you some music theory. You need to learn music theory before you just start scaling away In my opinion. Scales are just scales without a theory behind them. That also answers your question to "how to create my own songs". Start with simple three chord progressions at first to understand how theory works, once you get that down sky is the limit. Just my .02
Quote by DominoK
I would like to create my own songs, but don't now how to construct them.
Creativity and experimentation like everybody said. But here's quick step by step for your first song: Take some simple chords like the common open-chords/barre chords/power chords and put 3 of them together in a way that you think sounds good. Now you have a foundation for a nice song. Change up your chords for chorus and a bridge. You can keep adding stuff on like intro's, outro's, lead, solos, whatever. Hope it helps.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
its hard to just "explain" how to write a song, but the best way is to learn by doing. the easiest way is to start with basic chords and form them into a progression that sounds nice to you. ex. C F G F
next since you're just starting to write songs, you'll probably want to follow a generic formula for songwriting such as Intro, Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Verse 3, Chorus twice, then Outro. then decide on a chord progression for your verses and a chord progression for choruses. from there just fill in words and a melody. i hope this helps.
Some bands are 100% attitude and nearly zero talent.

But let's be realistic, if you wan't to make a living as an "artist", you should have at least a modicum of talent in your chosen field.