Poll: which is more important to you
Poll Options
View poll results: which is more important to you
music itself
59 88%
lyrics
8 12%
Voters: 67.
me and my girlfriend were arguing about this, she thinks that lyrics are more important than the actual music in a song. what is more important to you guys?
I like instrumentals.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i would usually listen to whatever seems stronger and strikes me first, more often than not it will be the music, other times the lyrics and the voice are really pleasing to my ear. i like instrumentals but prefer lyrics

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Lyrics first- I can enjoy two chord strummed folk songs because the lyrics are so damn good. The music is important too.

Actually, neither. It's the synergy of the two that make a song (Other than intrumententals of course).
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Most of the people in the world don't even understand the lyrics.
Melody > Lyrics.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I dunno really...I don't tend to think of them as overly separate

I don't particularly like instrumental music...but I don't think of lyrics as the most important part
Nearly always the music for me. There are very few musicians whose lyrics are more important than their music in their songs. Leonard Cohen is all that really comes to mind. Without music (including melody), all you have is pretty bad poetry. Cohen the exception, of course
I'm usually more of a music man, but I think the only instrumental music good enough to not need vocals is 'classical'.
Quote by DeSean
Depends. With John Lennon.. the lyrics. With Frank Zappa... the music.

I was just thinking the same thing. But then there's also the bands that I love both the lyrics and the music, such as Pink Floyd.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection