Hello,

Right now I am working on a case analysis of Tokai UK. A part of this case analysis consists of giving insights in the European guitar market:

You should start with such issues as the market/customer analysis, i.e., how big is the market? Who are the customers? Why do they buy the particular product? When and how often do they buy the product, etc.? Then you should do a competition analysis, as it is very important to understand the structure of the industry. What type of market position do companies have? Who is the market leader? Who is the follower? Their market shares? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the company in question relative to its competitors?

I've looked hard on Google for answers, but without the intended results. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with this.

Regards.
Hmm, I'm suspect that mght be a little highbrow for Ultimate Guitar...

Are you a guitarist yourself or merely studying the guitar industry? It's a particularly complex market, not least because guitars are such personal objects and players tend to have very specific preferences. Most non-musicians can't fathom why we spend so much on different gear, I suppose much in the same way that I'm flummoxed by women who spend 80 quid on hair straighteners...

Might be a good idea to look at a few 'which guitar?' style discussions here to help with the first few questions.
Quote by kyle62
Hmm, I'm suspect that mght be a little highbrow for Ultimate Guitar...

Are you a guitarist yourself or merely studying the guitar industry? It's a particularly complex market, not least because guitars are such personal objects and players tend to have very specific preferences. Most non-musicians can't fathom why we spend so much on different gear, I suppose much in the same way that I'm flummoxed by women who spend 80 quid on hair straighteners...

Might be a good idea to look at a few 'which guitar?' style discussions here to help with the first few questions.

The most important thing for me is knowing how big the electric guitar market is. How much guitars are being sold a year, which electric guitar manufacturer is the market leader (Gibson or Fender I assume?). And which role Tokai plays in the guitar market.

I'm not a guitarist myself; this is just a assignment I have to make for my study, and which I found interesting.