Page 1 of 2
I used to have an acrylic Warlock like 5 years ago...Heavier than a Les Paul it was. I don't know of any non wood guitars in production today.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
i severly do not recomend woodles guitars.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Switch. All synthetic and affordable. Actually the few reviews and post I have read give them fairly high ratings, but try before buy.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
^^I just pooped a little.
Very awesome.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Whats with all these stupid/ignorant posts joking around? The dude asked a serious question, if you don't know jack then don't post. Sheesh...X_X;
Steve Vai 20th, Switch guitars... that's all I can think of. B.C. Rich acrylics are terrible IMO.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I honestly only know of 2, The JEM pictured and the Ampeg Dan Armstrong guitar.
'62 Fender Jazzmaster (w/ Seymour Duncn Antq. II's)
PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary Rosewood Artist
Gibson SG '61 Custom Shop VOS
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 w/ Piezo
Ibanez PGM301

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Single Rect-o-Verb Combo
Vox AC30CC2X
Quote by uldhppi
Switch. All synthetic and affordable. Actually the few reviews and post I have read give them fairly high ratings, but try before buy.

They're very expensive I think (at least the good ones). Though they look amazing, and are supposed to have good sustain, because the necks and bodies are one solid piece, right?

I've never played or seen one that I can remember.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Last edited by Phill-Rock at Mar 14, 2008,
as mentioned above, there are the dan armstrongs and the switches.

as wasn't mentioned however, wesley make acrylic les pauls. like the dan armstrongs, they have wooden necks and acrylic bodies. i actually have one. it cost me 25 pounds, used from ebay. in terms of hardware, it was pretty dire quality (and mine had a broken tuner). however, after replacing the tuners and buying a decent neck pickup (unlike the microphonic ones it comes with) i am actually very impressed. it plays pretty nicely (not as nice as my mia fender, but thats no surprise), and sounds pretty decent, though i do think the acrylic does make the tone noticeably different to wood. note i say different, not worse. sustain on the thing is awesome too, probably because its probably the heaviest guitar i've ever played.

but on the whole, for the price i paid (after postage and modifications, still well under a hundred pounds) i think its a pretty great guitar. really entertaining to take on stage too.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
There's someone on here that started a business making carbon fibre guitars. Not exactly well known but I'm sure that there are other companies doing the same thing.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
There is the Ampeg one.... I have also seen an Acryllic strat, but that must have been a custom build. I was looking online and I saw an all aluminum guitar that looked pretty sweet
What about Steinberger? They make headless guitars out of graphite, and are used by a few great players, such as Paul Masdival of Cynic fame.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Lemoninfluence
There's someone on here that started a business making carbon fibre guitars. Not exactly well known but I'm sure that there are other companies doing the same thing.

I've only ever seen one carbon fibre guitar, it was some acoustic. I wish I could remember what it's called... Again though, expensive.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Im really surprised no-one's mentioned Parker guitars.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
Im really surprised no-one's mentioned Parker guitars.

I knew I was forgetting something. I love those guitars, but I wasn't crazy about the looks at first.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Phill-Rock
I knew I was forgetting something. I love those guitars, but I wasn't crazy about the looks at first.

gottta love the sounds Kristofer Dahl makes.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by kyle62
Again, why has no-one mentioned RKS?

cos theyre, imo, butt ugly. Which is kinda appropriate for a 'p0rn' guitar.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
correct me if im wrong, but i thought parkers are wood also, just some of the tops and fretboard are composite stuff.

only acrylics i know of are the jem and the ampeg listed above. that jem is to die for.
Quote by isaac311
I used to have an acrylic Warlock like 5 years ago...Heavier than a Les Paul it was. I don't know of any non wood guitars in production today.

**** that's mad heavy!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
http://compositeacoustics.com/
Acoustic guitars made of carbon fiber. They are stronger and lighter, thus no warping even without a truss rod. The guitar is one peice and the neck joint is insane, so the acoustic has AMAZING upper fret access. The website has sound clips that sound really nice to me.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
This guy I know has an all composite material acoustic. Sounds quite cool.

Those are neat. There are a few companies who make them. Rainsong, Composite Acoustics and theres a couple I can't think of right now. As far as electrics I know Parker has made all carbon fiber guitars. Also as mentioned the Ampeg Plexi guitar.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by RPGoof
http://compositeacoustics.com/
Acoustic guitars made of carbon fiber. They are stronger and lighter, thus no warping even without a truss rod. The guitar is one peice and the neck joint is insane, so the acoustic has AMAZING upper fret access. The website has sound clips that sound really nice to me.

Wow, those are really nice
/CENTER]
Page 1 of 2