which is the best speaker between the british lead or the V30 clone for a valve king.

I play heavy rock and metal, blues, classicrock
Probably the V30 if you want good mids, and British Lead if you want a more controlled and flat frequencie response.

That being said, both of those speakers will need significant break-in time. Until then, they probably won't sound too good so don't be discouraged at first.
If you like mids and want more of them out of a Valveking, I advise you change the powertubes for EL34s.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by The red Strat.
a v30 is voiced to modern for blues and classic rock IMO.

Not really, it is a copy of older speakers Celestion used to make, hence the "Vintage" name.
Quote by MrCarrot
If you like mids and want more of them out of a Valveking, I advise you change the powertubes for EL34s.

Or both

But I think in this case the V30s will make a bigger difference than the EL34s
I think the EL34s will be a bigger difference than a V30 tbh...

The V30 isn't really a good copy of old Celestions, as for some reason it has a huge spike in the upper-mids, which gives it a somewhat harsh tone, wheras EL34s will warm the amp's mids up and make it sound more Marshally. If there's one thing the VK I tried lacked, it was midrange detail.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
The V30 isn't really a good copy of old Celestions, as for some reason it has a huge spike in the upper-mids, which gives it a somewhat harsh tone, wheras EL34s will warm the amp's mids up and make it sound more Marshally. If there's one thing the VK I tried lacked, it was midrange detail.

Not after it has been broken in
Quote by Gibson_Left
Not really, it is a copy of older speakers Celestion used to make, hence the "Vintage" name.

it's called 'vintage' but it sounds very modern. the Celestion Vintage 30 is probably the worst named speaker ever. not only does it sound very modern, it's also rated at 60 watts.
hmm well im going to change power tubes eventually, how would i change to el-34s? just drop them in?

and for the speaker, on wharehouse speakers they said that the V30 clone doesnt have the harsh mid spike.?

I really just would like to clear up the muddiness of the VK, id like to get as close to a 5150 as possible, but also be able to roll down the gain to get sorta a jcm800 crunch