NO! I saw Children of Bodom there last Saturday, and it's a legendary place. I even got a drink from the 'Keith Moon Bar'. Demolishing that would be like killing Keith Moon!
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
There's been a different story about it closing every year, so I don't believe this anymore than I do the others. If it is true, it's gay coz it's a cool venue. Not very good, but it's cool.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
although the starter of the thread, i've never actually been there.

and now i never will
Yes, it's a very old username.
Quote by jambi_mantra
There's been a different story about it closing every year, so I don't believe this anymore than I do the others. If it is true, it's gay coz it's a cool venue. Not very good, but it's cool.

they also hold (or held) G.A.Y. there, that's pretty gay too.
i saw Bodom there too, and i couldnt see any problem with the place, as far as im concerned i had an awesome night there, n they shouldnt knock it down
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
the Astoria is one of, if not the, best venue in London. There will be outrage at this.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
has no one heard of this befre?

been running for years, it needs to be knocked down for the Olympic metro link thing
Quote by imthehitcher
has no one heard of this befre?

been running for years, it needs to be knocked down for the Olympic metro link thing

Now this has crossed over to really stupid

Demolished because of something used for one event?

Pfft
Quote by GiantRaven
Now this has crossed over to really stupid

Demolished because of something used for one event?

Pfft

what they were talking bout this when London won the bid

it's because for the olympics we have to build loads of new **** for transport, like re doing St. Pancreas

seriously can't believe no one heard this story before

bur yea r.i.p astoria, we hardly knew ye

well i knew ye pretty well but others i spose don't
Quote by imthehitcher

it's because for the olympics we have to build loads of new **** for transport, like re doing St. Pancreas

I think you might mean St. Pancras.

The Pancreas is one of your organs.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think you might mean St. Pancras.

The Pancreas is one of your organs.

****, ****ing live in a London and need a jock to tell me that
I saw alter bridge there, its such a ****ing amazing venue, its a real shame. It's not just the new olympics and all the bollocks that comes with it that gives London character, its places like the astoria, and with every famous haunt that people love is gone, then thats another part of london gone for tourism.
The Astoria is one of , if not THE best venue in London. I just bought tickets to see Elliot Minor there in April....It will be a very sad day when they knock it down. I wonder if Boris would let this happen if he got the mayorship...I say we protest there if Livingstone wins the election again.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I've never been, but the videos I've seen from it are fantastic, it's always been the favourite of the London venues I've seen. You cannot knock it down, it is travesty against British music, but the bands mentioned in the article make me want it demolished.

I want Boris in charge, now. He wouldn't do this, he would put double decker buses back in service instead of Crossrail.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Boris is planning on getting rid of the bendy buses and reintroducing routemasters.
If I was legal voting age I'd vote for him...if I still had residency in London as well
i don't really care to be honest. london has lots of music venues, and its not even like this is an important venue for small bands and the local scene or anything. it just means that big touring bands will go and play somewhere else.

if this was a smaller city losing a smaller venue, i'd care, because it would matter. this affects nothing.

also, the astoria isn't that good. there are better venues in london.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Astoria>Brixton>Hammersmith>The O2>Wembley

I like small venues! Saw Sum 41 and Paramore there last year, both mental gigs.

But my Uncles a project builder for London, and he says it's being sold, demoloited, then escalators for the tube will be in its place!

START A PROTEST