Hey. I'm doing a project for school that demonstrates how to play the guitar. I can do basic stuff. I can play simple solos that doesn't require really fast scales, sweeps, taps, or anything pro. But I when I show the students how to play the guitar, I don't want appear as a newbie myself. I have spring break, so I have a week off. And I am able to practice 5+ hours per day if needed. I see these videos like on youtube of people shredding up and down the neck and it sounds very good. What stuff, specifically, do I have to do to be able to play like them, or similar to them. I want to show off a little during the presentation. It has to be interesting and force people to want more. A lot of people tell me practice scales, or excersizes, but that doesn't really help. I need to know which ones exactly and how to use them to allow me to 'shred', etc.
lul
sorry dude, but you arent going to go from decent to amazing in a week or so...
It takes years.
Just play something that sounds cool but isn't too hard.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Lol I know, I know. Someone on a different forums told me to learn star spangled banner and put some cool licks into it. Even if I can't do it in a week, I still want to know about the scales and all those things and how to use em to play lead.
play back in black
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.