Look at The Ibanez RG series they have a few guitars that are around 350 that are pretty good...its a lil over 300 like u wanted but they are still nice guitars
Quote by flyman
I jest ye not, for the price they are truely rad.

What? No, I wasn't put off by the design, look at it's lack of knobs!

Quote by VivaLaJam
Epiphone G400

you could haggle it down or just buy used, great guitar.

that is a good guitar

i have the 310 version, which has dropped in price since i got it (gutted)

iv used it for gigs, its the best guitar i have in that price range
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by _-Joey-_
so what if it's only got one knob?!!
i want one of those guitars & i wanna do it up a bit, but i have no money lol

More knobs = More tone control -.-
Quote by 05t16
More knobs = More tone control -.-

You don't need tone/volume control with a shred guitar like that. You're always gonna be doing full-on shred.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
id go second hand, and shop around to really get something that fits your style
Hello Kitty is really a good guitar. It's still a strat.

But I would say Yamaha Pacifica. Has a pretty good sound if you add the right stuff to it.
Get a regular Fender (or Squier) Strat, great guitars and pretty cheap too. Or if you can afford a Gibson Les Paul second-hand, get that. They're great.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
ibanez sc420 got mine for 300 dollars shipped and its super nice, tough to find though i think
Quote by mickyd
that is a good guitar

i have the 310 version, which has dropped in price since i got it (gutted)

iv used it for gigs, its the best guitar i have in that price range

the 310 is junk. The 400 is good, however. TS, for about $100 more (50 pounds) you could get an epi LP std plain. can be pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by VivaLaJam
Epiphone G400

you could haggle it down or just buy used, great guitar.

+1

The "vintage" one is only $300.

DO NOT GET THE G-310, THOUGH.
RG321 (Mahogany)
RG2EX1 (Basswood)

^ fixed bridge
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
I currently have a Gibson les paul copy and a yamaha pacifica :P
Def. an Agile, if you're in the US.

www.rondomusic.com

if you're not in the US, you're out of luck unless you wanna pay shipping charges.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
The Squier Tele Customs are pretty nice for the price.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Epi G400 SG, Ibanez RGR321EX/RG321MH (my pick would be the MH, it's typically a tiny bit cheaper and it's a little better built), or Vintage brand Les Paul copies.

Generally though, for under £150, you're not going to get much at all.

Also, £150 doesn't quite equal $300, it's a little under. There's also two more problems with judging guitars by American currency:

1) Importing guitars costs a lot, in the past I've ended up having to spend as much as an additional £370 to get a guitar from America to the UK. Obviously, this is almost never worth it on expensive guitars, and is flat-out never worth it on cheaper guitars. We (in the UK) can import cheaper from Germany anyway, so look at German sites instead of American sites if you can't find what you want here.

2) Americans pay less for guitars than we do. A guitar that is $300 in America won't be £150 here... it'll normally just be £300 here. When stores and brands price up guitars for each country, they rarely scale the prices; they just say it's 300 [insert unit of currency here], regardless if that's £, $, or whatever. So yes, this does normally mean we end up spending twice as much on our guitars as America does. Some stores have realised that we're not all totally oblivious to this though, and have started lowering their prices so now we only spend about 150% of what Americans do, rather than 200%. It's still more though, so you really can't judge any guitar by the American prices.
The exception is Gibson and Epiphone SG guitars. For some reason the prices on those are often scaled properly, and we rarely pay more than Americans, in fact sometimes the UK gets certain SG models cheaper than America does. I believe this is partly due to the fact that SGs sell at a decent rate in America so there is slightly more demand, while here in the UK very few people touch SGs compared to other countries.
Quote by bokuho
look at German sites instead of American sites if you can't find what you want here.

AWESOME advice, I'm glad YOU came across this thread, I shall send you a friend req, you obviously know your stuff