Hey guys! I have to have an "Guitar showoff" / "Guitar test" to enter a school. What should I include in that Guitar showoff? What songs, riffs, techs?
Song Riffs:

Trust- Megadeth (imo)
maybe something from Van Halen

some Techs:
Try doing some mode scales like C locrian or something. (E PHRYGIAN ROCKS LOL!! USE IT! lol)
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
I can play progressive rock/metal, metal, hard rock, tapping and pink floyd stuff.
Quote by mongo_man
I tought of playing the Tapping from Eruption

DO IT!!
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Play something that you think will impress people, but more importantly play it cleanly.
Quote by RedFez64
If its a guitar school, theyll know what they're doing and probably wont be impressed by van halen...

It is a music school
Yeah. I've thought of playing some fingerplay. But I'm not really good at it! But I will practice =)
Oh, just noticed you were talking about getting into a school. Play something that shows off your musicianship rather than just your technical ability. Also I'd recommend getting familiar with playing classical or jazz (you don't need to be a pro at it, just competent).
If you're not comfortable with fingerstyle and want to go electric, I'd say something along the lines of For the Love of God, Surfing With the Alien or Manhattan would impress as well. Or do Dee by Randy Rhoads as a sort of introduction (if they'll let you), because it's classical and only 50 seconds long.
Quote by Eirien
Oh, just noticed you were talking about getting into a school. Play something that shows off your musicianship rather than just your technical ability. Also I'd recommend getting familiar with playing classical or jazz (you don't need to be a pro at it, just competent).

ok =) got any songs that I should play?
Not really, sorry. I'm sure some of the guys here could really help you out though, there's always a lot of threads about this kinda thing.
Quote by Eirien
Not really, sorry. I'm sure some of the guys here could really help you out though, there's always a lot of threads about this kinda thing.

ok =)
Quote by mongo_man
I know Dee! So I can play that one =) lovely work by Rhoads

Very much agreed, and you can use it before an electric piece to show that you're versatile, which they'll like.