Poll Options
View poll results: do you want to be famous
yes YES YES!!!!!! me me me!!!
35 18%
erm I dont mind
74 37%
eh no! never...
22 11%
yes,and i believe I will be famous one day! !!! !!!
47 24%
LOL WUT!
20 10%
Voters: 198.
Page 1 of 2
So tell me honestly. Do you want to be famous?have you ever wished that you had fame?

and if you were famous how would you deal with fame and the stuff that comes along with it, for example the paparazzi ...

edit: and WHAT do you want to be famous for ( i know this is a guitar forum ... LOL)
Last edited by petrina_678 at Mar 14, 2008,
it would be nice but im not too bothered

who am i kidding? of course i do
Sig space available, give me some praise
My music is my life. I plan to do everything in my power to get famous. But famous isn't quite the word for it, I'd say more like widely respected. Most people will tell you that the odds of even getting signed by a bigger label are impossible, and that if you want to even try you NEED a backup plan. Both are BS. If you're willing to sacrifice and put in the hard work, its perfectly obtainable. So really yes, I do plan on becoming famous.

How will I deal with the paparazzi? Assuming I even will have to, I'll probably try to manipulate them and have them take the most bizarre pictures of me simply to gain publicity.
We're only strays.
Only if it's by making music that I love.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Not particularly, I'm perfectly content with how my life is now.
But if I was going to be famous, I'd like it to be as a revolutionary. They never really die. Unfortunately I'm not passionate enough about anything to even write a letter or two.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I want success....If fame comes with success then so be it.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I really don't care if I'm famous or not, I just want to be happy in life.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by synpet713192
Not really... The most famous I'd want to be is like Dream Theater-level fame

+1

not exactly huge, but big enough...

or if not then just big in my area, if you get me...
I just wanna play guitar in a rock n roll band. Famous or not. All though a little fame whould be cool, but not like Britney Spears famous.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
i wouldnt want to be famous, but being recognized in guitar circles would be awesome. Like Kirk Hammett or Marty Friedman( and no im not comparing them) theyre not followed around by papparazi like famous actors but they get to do interviews with guitar world and metal fans know who they are.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by MoleMania
meh, I don't mind, tis too cunning for my mind anyway.

You like the word 'cunning', don't you?

And i wouldn't mind being famous.
It's gonna be a blue day
Fuck no, I want to keep my privacy. How else will I walk around naked in peace?
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
No, or maybe yes. I want to be a famous musician but i dont want to be so famous that people recognize me on the street. I want to be known by people that enjoy my music not by people who dont enjoy my music. Not like Britney Spears like someone said.
Yes. Because then I could date famous people
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Kind of. Not like, Mick Jagger or Bono levels of fame. More like, say... Peter Stroud. Or Frank Gambale.

And I'd like to be known for playing guitar. Duh.
Quote by Liberation
Yes. Because then I could date famous people
This is the single biggest perk I can imagine to being famous. Evanna Lynch and Ellen Page, attainable? I'd kill a baby for the oppurtunity.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Mar 14, 2008,
I have two very simple, easy to understand words pertaining to this thread:

Fuck fame.

Seriously, fame kills things, and almost never does a band A LOT of good.

Now, well known? That's a different story. I would love to be well known for something, preferrably something unique to only me, and something I can call my own.

Remembered for something wouldn't be bad, either.

But I don't want fame. Tom Cruise is famous. 50 Cent is famous. Ozzy is famous.

I want the same status as people like Justin Broadrick, Mike Sullivan, Sabrepulse, Trevor de Brauw, Mookie Singerman, Adam McGrath, etc.

Well known, enough to impact people, but now famous.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
...I'm not gonna lie. Of course I want to be famous!
But I want to be famous for my musical talent. And if I'm ever famous but not happy with where I am personally, I'll stop.
only for something where I won't get a ****load of media attention, like a successful writer or jazz pianist or music producer. Something where I won't be in tabloids every day *ahemamywhinehouseahem*
hahaha 14 votes for LOL WUT
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
I don't to be forgotten soon after my death. I want to be a legend like, Hendrix or something. And I want to be remembered for skill/music, not for some sex scandal or something.
no, because: A: if I would get famous, like REALLY FAMOUS, I would have too much money, and could buy anything I want. so that means that I wouldn't probably have a nice life and B: no matter how hard I would try, i'm sure that I wouldn't be famous
omg
Page 1 of 2