Let me get this straight, you want to buy a $500 epiphone , and a signature model at that . You need to get your priorities straight.

If you can save up 500, you can save up 1000 and get a real gibson. Im tired of these little kids pushing their new epiphones.

Epiphone is an excuse
Quote by linknchuk
Let me get this straight, you want to buy a $500 epiphone , and a signature model at that . You need to get your priorities straight.

If you can save up 500, you can save up 1000 and get a real gibson. Im tired of these little kids pushing their new epiphones.

Epiphone is an excuse

I lol'd. 1000 for a decent Gibson? Where the hell have you been shopping?

The Epi is good value for money, so I hear anyway. I haven't played one myself. It seems to be quite rare for a signature guitar, and is well priced for its features.

Edit: I've been looking through your posts. You have a serious vendetta against anything remotely Epiphone, and you seem to be a Gibson fan boy. You rate 9/10 on the doucheometer.
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAARGH at Mar 14, 2008,
I didn't like the Epi model, if you really want an Iommi sig save up and get the Gibson version, it's really badass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I don't know much about it but I heard the Epi Iommi SG was meant to be a great guitar, realy good value for money?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i have it left handed...and im really like it...but im pretty sure its cause my prior guitar was a LP 100. but i would have to say just to try to find a different guitar you like...preferably NOT a signature...
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
I1. lol'd. 1000 for a decent Gibson? Where the hell have you been shopping?

The Epi is good value for money, so I hear anyway. I haven't played one myself. It seems to be quite rare for a signature guitar, and is well priced for its features.

Edit: I've been looking through your posts. 2.You have a serious vendetta against anything remotely Epiphone, and 3.you seem to be a Gibson fan boy. You rate 4.9/10 on the doucheometer.

1.I rounded down
2.My dad used to hang me upsidedown by the testes and beat me with an epiphone, now whenever I see an epiphone my Shlong starts hurting.
3.Im a fan of any guitar that sounds/plays good.
4. ... And all this time, I thought I was a perfect ten...
Quote by ironman1478
you rounded down a couple of thousand bucks dude.

1300 for a les paul
Quote by linknchuk
1300 for a les paul

A Les Paul Studio. Which most people rate as being lower quality than some higher end Epiphones. Go educate yourself.

Epiphone will always be higher value for money. With Gibson (especially the studio series) you're just paying for the brand name on the headstock.
Quote by linknchuk

Epiphone is an excuse

The only difference between a Gibson and an Epiphone is the whole "Made in the USA". I've played Epiphones and Gibsons and there is no difference between them - you are essentially paying for the human labor put into the guitar opposed to the mass production of a machine. You are a narrow minded Gibson fanboy - that is very apparent!

As far as this guitar, get it if you want to sound like Black Sabbath. The pickups are the exact pickups that Iommi uses in his SGs so you get the same tone. Its a very solid guitar for the price!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The only difference between a Gibson and an Epiphone is the whole "Made in the USA". I've played Epiphones and Gibsons and there is no difference between them - you are essentially paying for the human labor put into the guitar opposed to the mass production of a machine. You are a narrow minded Gibson fanboy - that is very apparent!

As far as this guitar, get it if you want to sound like Black Sabbath. The pickups are the exact pickups that Iommi uses in his SGs so you get the same tone. Its a very solid guitar for the price!

Im not against epiphone.. im against people plugging their epiphones as " the real mccoy"
Quote by linknchuk
Im not against epiphone.. im against people plugging their epiphones as " the real mccoy"

Well bleave it or not, some mommys and daddys can't afford to get "the real mccoy".

nothin wrong with epiphone, they make great guitars. mines better then my old gibson. and it was half the price.
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Mar 14, 2008,
Quote by linknchuk

I've never met anyone who has termed an Epiphone as "the real mccoy"... but you are a fool if you buy a Gibson - you buy an Epi and you are getting the same guitar for a fraction of the cost.

Gibsons are pretty much a way to say "Look!!! I have all of this money that I want to waste on a guitar!" But I guess it doesnt matter when its your mommy and daddy's money!
Quote by Retro Rocker
In this topic, i_am_metalhead shows his ignorance.

Or not, I point out the facts that all of you people are too dumb to notice.

I have played several Gibsons and they are no different from the Epiphone versions that I've played. You are paying for the name "Gibson" and the man hours put into crafting the guitar.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Or not, I point out the facts that all of you people are too dumb to notice.

I have played several Gibsons and they are no different from the Epiphone versions that I've played. You are paying for the name "Gibson" and the man hours put into crafting the guitar.
To actually answer the TS, it's a good guitar, but you don't need it to get Tony's sound. Depending on your amp, you be fine with any higher quality Epiphone SG or Les Paul.

Or a handful of other guitars. Play it first, and if you like it, then buy it - it's a reasonable price.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
try it out at the store, i always see my nearest guitar/music shop carrying them
also dont let the Epiphone brand discourage you, a lot of the time it'll be of equal or better quality than a Gibson(unless its a top of the line one which is at least $3000)
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by linknchuk

Epiphone is an excuse

you sire, are an idiot.

That epiphone is great value for money. I say go for it, if you like it
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by linknchuk

Epiphone is an excuse

Not everyone can get $1000 from momma and papa to buy their favourite guitar like you.
I just picked one up at a local shop (Spotlight Music) on sale $416,the pickups alone are worth over $150.Every one of my guitars has its own voice and this one's a screamer-great blues machine. The only Gibson Iommi I could find the guy wanted $6000-easy decision.Guitars are like people and you have to get to know them one at a time without prejudice-blanket statements about brand names rarely hold true.
If I was gonna buy an Epiphone SG, that would be what I get. And as for the Epiphone vs. Gibson-I've never played a Gibson Les Paul(that includes up to custom's) that has played better than my Epi Les Paul Standard, or my friends Epi LP Standard. Sure they sounded better, but what if I put in better hardware(or whatever its called) and new pups? I'd have a guitar that was just as good. As for the Gibson SG's though, I have nothing but good things to say about those.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.