im stuck

which do you guys think makes more sense

buy a new neck for a 1985 charvel with a kahler (the one now is cracked), or replace the bridge pickup in a bc rich
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Last edited by rocknskate4 at Mar 14, 2008,
pickup replacement is cheaper.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Well, both make sense but I'd say the one that NEEDS to be taken care of first is the neck. The pickup is just an upgrade, and not immediately necessary.
If you get a new neck, it's gonna be costly. Depends in the end on which you like better. The pickup is cheaper, but if you don't like the guitar as much and aren't going to play it afterwards, get the neck. The neck should probably be fixed first, but like I said it depends on what you want out of the guitars. If you're in a band playing gigs, the pickup is probably more realistic for the immediate future.
Quote by strat0blaster
If you get a new neck, it's gonna be costly.

Not really. You can pick up a decent, used Charvel from EvilBay for about $60.00
You can even get a new Charvel licensed replacement from Mighty Mite for about $125.00

Hell, a decent humbucker costs $65.00 these days.
I would replace the Charvel neck. The Charvel is at least playable. I would try to repair it first though before junking it. A repair will likely be cheaper and probably won't hurt the value as badly as turning it into a parts mutt would.

EDIT: Wait, the Model 5? Model 5s were made in 1986 and are neck-thru. Your only option IS a repair.