ok, i stayed up til like 3 a.m. researching all about what i wanna buy next for my guitar equipment, and i found these 2 pedals: the "marshall gv-2 guv'nor" and the "vox V847A" wah. are they good? do you recommend them? also, i'm an intermediate player (i can play eruption), so right now i'm not looking for "perfect" sounding equipment.
also for the guv'nor, i play mostly rock and metal like guns n roses, metallica, and others. so would that be a good distortion for me.
Last edited by DubCity at Mar 14, 2008,
For metal the Vox wah is not the best. It sounds great on no and medium gain levels, but not on high gain. The Guvnor is a great pedal. It has a very thick tone, very Gary Moore'ish.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Sounds like a plan. Go try 'em out for yourself if you can.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
I don't think the Vox designs wah pedals solely around playing metal... Try the Ibanez Screaming Demon its around $100
The guv'nor on the other hand is sacred for metal in my opinion.
I like the vox. Don't know if it sounds good on high dist. though.
so about the ibanez screaming demon, would that sound bad on low gain too?
Quote by esp1234
I like the vox. Don't know if it sounds good on high dist. though.

the vox doesn't sound too good with a lot of distortion, i have it and when playing with high distortion the pedal is almost transparent
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson