Page 1 of 10
Quote by daeqwon10000
The thread about sketch shows inspired me.

How come British Humor is so witty and boring?

Why is American humor mainly comprised of fart jokes?

It can go both ways.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by daeqwon10000

Witty and boring? What?

Is this because it's not boiled down for idiots like American sitcoms?
British humor varies.

Never judge any British humor on a British sitcom with a laughter track.

Remember who made the original office.

EDIT: For the record, I'll have to agree, the simplistically and predictability of average American humor insults me. There are few exceptions.
Why is American humour so predictable and stupid? Why does it rely so heavily on dick jokes? Why is it so tame and afraid of making offensive jokes, yet it still stays unintelligent?

I don't know.

And anyway, witty is a good thing to say about our humour, retard.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Witty? definitely.

Boring? definitely not.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
Quote by daeqwon10000

Because every British sketch show is exactly the same and you've seen all of them .

It's brain, then type, not the other way around
How can something be both witty and boring?

Anyway, you have to allow for cultural differences. Personally, I think American comedy is in general unfunny. But you're always going to have exceptions.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Witty and boring?

I take it you don't like it when comedy is intelligent and witty. Or maybe its just beyond.
I could cry with despair everytime I watch american versions of British comedies.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]I'm American, tbh I laugh more at British humor.

As do I...British humor is great. I saw a great British comedy last week called Death At A Funeral. I strongly recommend it...if you like British humor....i mean humour.
Humour is aimed at the people who watch. You may have watched some crap that is n in the daytime. The real British comedy is on a Friday Night.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks is the funniest program ever and thats British!
BlahBlahBlah
It's because the British need to feel superior in every way possible, so they invented a brand of humor that's makes them feel better about themselves, despite the fact it's not funny whatsoever.
British humor is a lot more subtle than American humour, but 9/10 times it's also funnier.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were two of the funniest movies ever.
Superbad, while very funny, relied almost entirely on penis jokes.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by CrucialGutchman
It's because the British need to feel superior in every way possible, so they invented a brand of humor that's makes them feel better about themselves, despite the fact it's not funny whatsoever.

O RLY?
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Shaun of the Dead anyone?
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
I'm sorry, our directors and writers haven't realized that an easy million can be made from another generic, crappy, slapstick gross-out film yet. Therefore, we still have intelligent, witty (which is a good thing, ignoramus), sophisticated, originally and not necessarily X-rated comedy.

By the way, one argument destroys all your crap about British humour being boring: Spike Milligan. Now kindly GTFO.
British humor consists entirely of people who think they're being subtle when they're not. It's pathetic and irritating.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by jesusthesecond
British Comedy FTW

Its cos us Brits are all clearly the superior race, hence the superior jokes

*link*

GTFO with your stupid link.

*reported*
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Not really sure

I find Friends hilarious though, and the Simpsons

Weird thing, i was watching that Chris Rock guy (is that his name, black american comedian?) on a English interview show called Jonathan Ross, and i didnt find him that funny, i mean he was quite ufnny but hilarious, then Tom Hanks was on just after, one of the funniest thigns ive ever had the pleasure of watching.

I think Americans must have some good humour and laugh making people around, they just dont see the right people
PSN: Noverion
I'd like to add that the banhammer is gonna strike this thread rather heavily. Have fun being bigoted, guys!

*leaves*
Quote by CrucialGutchman

the british clearly understand what funny is
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by freddaahh
Why is American humour so predictable and stupid? Why does it rely so heavily on dick jokes? Why is it so tame and afraid of making offensive jokes, yet it still stays unintelligent?

I don't know.

And anyway, witty is a good thing to say about our humour, retard.

Yeah, witty is good! American humour is great, in doses. That film Anchorman is American and is bloody hilarious. But Johnny Carr with his gags about slow kids is just as funny...maybe a little bit funnier because I'm English!
racial profiling/sterotyping is such a weak character trait. Do you think for one second that my humour is anything like my neighbours? No..not close. We're defined by our personailty.. (Wherever that comes from) not the country we live in. I hate when people say "I don't like Americans" because general statements like that are pathetic. Everyone is different and not defined by their geographical location.
Quote by tm1776
racial profiling/sterotyping is such a weak character trait. Do you think for one second that my humour is anything like my neighbours? No..not close. We're defined by our personailty.. (Wherever that comes from) not the country we live in. I hate when people say "I don't like Americans" because general statements like that are pathetic. Everyone is different and not defined by their geographical location.

One word.

Determinism.
havent seen are you being served lately, or faulty towers, or only fools and horses

or even never mind the buzzcocks, mighty boosh and peep show?

british comedy is more sophisticated, because perhaps we enjoy sophisticated jokes, instead of watching people act gay, or 'fart' jokes

that said, i love everybody loves raymond
I love british wit! i love any sort of wit, especially in arguments
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by daeqwon10000

Get yourself some Eddie Izzard, you'll never knock british comdey again! That guy is a master! And he makes you laugh while being better dressed than most women!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by daeqwon10000

I think the fact that you call British humour witty in an attempt to insult it would explain why you don't like it. (Hint: It's because you're ****in' stupid.)

I just realized I typed humour with a "u".
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
We all know that Irish humour is the best.

but from an unbiast opinion on US and Brit comedy both can be good and both can be terrible.

FATHER TED FTW