Overall what would you choose and what would the determining factor be?

Randall RH150G3Plus
Krank Krankenstein 100W Tube Guitar Head
I'd go Randall just because I could never really get a sound I liked out of a Krank.

You might like the Krank better.

If they're both the same price though, I'd go for the Krank.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'd go with the Randall. I've heard frequently that Krank is a one trick pony - you'd better like the sound you get from the amp, cause that's the only style of tone you'll get.
OMG RH150G3 by far.
Krank is too digital i find.
My friend has the RH150 and its one of the most badass amps ever.
It's soooo good.
Quote by RX120D
OMG RH150G3 by far.
It's soooo good.

How do you figure?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by RX120D
OMG RH150G3 by far.
It's soooo good.

It's a tube amp.

*stops self from flaming*
I have a Krank Rev and its great. A lot of amps are a "1 trick pony" for example, Peavey 5150. For the price, they are worth it, like Erock said, They are built with really good parts. And the Kleens are pretty good for a metal amp, tons better then any 5150, 6505, and probally 6505+

Most of the people who diss kranks never have played them. WOW A SPIDER IT SUCKS!! OMG A KRANK@@ IT SUCKS TOO! (Not directed torwards you Hate, since you actually know what your talking bout )

The Krankenstein has is own flavor, some will LOVE it, some wont just like any other amp. If your looking to buy new, the Krankenstein+ is ALOT better, check out Erock's clip on em. I almost bought the 'Stein+ a couple of times but i never had the cash when i saw a used one.

edit : How are they digital?..
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Mar 14, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
It's a tube amp.

*stops self from flaming*

Yeah I know what you mean.

My buddy ran in the room when I started yelling, 'Hold me back! Hold me back!'.

I'm kidding of course.

But yeah, try both the amps out TS and see what you like.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd go Randall just because I could never really get a sound I liked out of a Krank.

You might like the Krank better.

You just contradicted yourself

And, personally i'd go for randall mainly cos i havnt heard much about Krank IMO
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Why limit yourself to those two?
Quote by RX120D
OMG RH150G3 by far.
It's soooo good.

Judging from your username.... biased?
Quote by strat0blaster
I'd go with the Randall. I've heard frequently that Krank is a one trick pony - you'd better like the sound you get from the amp, cause that's the only style of tone you'll get.

Actually, Kranks are capable of good 'kleen' tones too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by eggo_boi_15

And, personally i'd go for randall mainly cos i havnt heard much about Krank IMO

What? How so?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Whenever I hear a Krank they usually sound rather muddy, So I'd pick a Randall.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by eggo_boi_15

Maybe he'd get the Krank because of the higher resale price? Maybe he hates the sound of that Randall?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Maybe he'd get the Krank because of the higher resale price? Maybe he hates the sound of that Randall?

The former.

Plus, I'm sure with time, I'd find a tone that I'd like out of the amp.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What? How so?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd go Randall just because....

.....I'd go for the Krank.

lol
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15

lol

Read my post?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
meh, choose whatever sounds best to your ears. I think the Stein and Rev walk all over that head, but that's just personal preference. There is probably a pretty big price difference I would assume, since the Randall is a hybrid amp. The Randall should sound "nearly" the same at low vol and high volumes since it's SS power, whereas the Kranks are all tube touring heads, and really need to be moving some air to sound their best. I would go with what sounds good to your ears, and your situation and budget allow.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Mar 14, 2008,
Quote by eggo_boi_15

lol

One, read the post right above you.

two,

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

If they were both THE SAME PRICE.

If he was buying them new, for each of their list prices, then I'd go with the Randall.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
If you're gonna try a Krank, try a Rev first. The Stein is alot harder to get a good sound out of, so that could put you off of them.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

I have a randall rh150 g3 and i like it but if you can afford a krank head you should probably go try one out, because all ive ever heard about them is good. but for a more affordable amp the randall is badass i can get alot of different metal tones out of it. And when you do turn the master volume up it is one loud ass amp. it was putting so much sound out today that some of my pictures started falling off the wall and i could feel the ground shaking.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Read my post?

yeah sorry it took so long to respond... But I kinda like the krank amps... I've never played on the krankenstein before but I have had alright experience with their other tube amps...
Quote by ac/dc_freak91
If you're gonna try a Krank, try a Rev first. The Stein is alot harder to get a good sound out of, so that could put you off of them.

Thats why I am asking because I don't want to dislike something just because I had a bad experience with it.
I can't believe any of you guys are serious. Unless Randall made that amp half decent, it's complete garbage. I went to a local music store a while ago, was using the Gibson Explorer as the test guitar, played both the Randall RG300G3 valve dynamic whatever halfstack, and a Crate Flexwave halfstack. A month before I played the Randall V2 as was blown away, great amp for the price, good competition for the Stein or Revolution if you ask me. I went in that store, and my buddies were like whoa, 2 stacks, I immediately was like "that randall is going to **** all over the crate". I plugged into the randall and found nothing other than a shrill thin, weak, lifeless tone. Even when cranked a bit it was still ultra sizzly. Then I played the crate, yes, it had a more fake tone, but, it did sound better, much thicker, had nice cleans, and overall wasn't half bad.

IMO, Krank walks all over the Randall, unless you're considering a Randall MTS or V2.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio