Peavey
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Peavey-Windsor-Studio-20W-1x12-All-Tube-Combo-Amp-481660-i1386608.gc

V16
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Palomino-V16-15W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp-103046561-i1146110.gc

V32
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Palomino-V32-30W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp-487828-i1146112.gc

I really like the power sponge which is basically an alternator in the Peavey Windsor but i read on some thread using the "search" and people say its not good, well not good all around because no clean channel. So i was just wondering if Palomino is better? I am especially looking at V16 because i don't want to get too loud with the V32

Any comments? Or opinion on this matter?

Note: I do want to try them out but GC is out of Peavey Windsor, and the one near me don't have any, but i did try the V16 which was good, but not as good as the peavey classic 30. But i have Classic 50 so i don't need to go loud with this new amp of mine. Its for practice and maybe a small gig
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 14, 2008,
If the V32 is 2-channel, get that. Im not too sure, but i think the Windsor can only do clean sounds at a lower volume, while the V16 and V32 have gain knobs on em.
I'd go with the Palomino.

I have not heard good things about the Windsor Studio.

Quote by qotsa1998
If the V32 is 2-channel, get that. Im not too sure, but i think the Windsor can only do clean sounds at a lower volume, while the V16 and V32 have gain knobs on em.

Nope. The amp has a master volume so you can get overdriven tones at lower volumes.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^hey same hear, not heard of good things except from this people called "Guitar World"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2oeMLKPwQ

But i did hear about Palomino being bad if its made from Vietnam. The Americans ones are supposed to be very good. But i don't get how a worker who needs the money and would die for his work (Vietnam) would have a low quality work in contrast to a person who only cares about how long will he work and his next raise (American). I'm kinda joking, but you know what i mean.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^hey same hear, not heard of good things except from this people called "Guitar World"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2oeMLKPwQ

But i did hear about Palomino being bad if its made from Vietnam. The Americans ones are supposed to be very good. But i don't get how a worker who needs the money and would die for his work (Vietnam) would have a low quality work in contrast to a person who only cares about how long will he work and his next raise (American). I'm kinda joking, but you know what i mean.

The Studio is different from the head. It sounds nothing like it you tosser!

And Guitar World says that everything is good.

Unless the company doesn't pay them enough.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 14, 2008,
^hmm i thought the studio would be basically the same, its the same product but reduce in volume and size. My bad
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by Flying Couch
I'd go with the Peavey.

Disclaimer: I have a bad history with Crate Palominos.

What happen ?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
If you've already got a Classic 50, getting a Palomino's basically getting a smaller version of it. I'd go with a Windsor Studio, and a get a speaker change if you can.
Quote by angeldef
What happen ?
I played them. Not merely one, many of them. And they sucked.

I want to say there was more to it than that, but that's basically it. I don't know if it's like the Valveking, where you need to know how to set the knobs within 1/100 of an inch to get good sound, but the tone just... sucked.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you've already got a Classic 50, getting a Palomino's basically getting a smaller version of it. I'd go with a Windsor Studio, and a get a speaker change if you can.

Why get the windsor? Who said i didn't like to have a smaller version of Classic 50? I love my Classic 50 tone is just that i don't want to get a Classic 30 because its as loud as my 50, i need this for practice and small gig
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
Why get the windsor? Who said i didn't like to have a smaller version of Classic 50? I love my Classic 50 tone is just that i don't want to get a Classic 30 because its as loud as my 50, i need this for practice and small gig

If you want an amp that's lower wattage, you might as well get something different, not a clone of a larger amp that you already have. The Windsor is basically a JCM900 clone, it's a completely different sound from the Classic 50. I realize you might not get as much power tube saturation from your Classic 50 at lower volumes, but the amount you'd get vs. the amount you'd get from say, the Palomino V32 is negligible.
^hmmm, didn't know that it was a JCM900 clone. Wow that a great shocker, i like to have a JCM900. hmmm...hope my GC gets some stock this spring break so i can actually try
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W