Ok so today I was playing my Randall RG50TC and and all of a sudden turned off. So I checked the fuse and it was blown so I went and bought a new one. I put it in, turn the thing on and start playing again. Five minutes later it turns off again and the freaking fuse is blown AGAIN!!

What the crap is going on
power tubes. take it in to get fixed. dont keep putting new fuses in there or you can severly damage your amp.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by ltmusicman
Son of a B****

Do I just take it to a guitar store to fix?

Yeah a tech could easily do this. Also don't forget about the flux capacitator
^Lol alright will do.

I'm thinking about taking it to guitar center but.... its guitar center...
Quote by ltmusicman
^Lol alright will do.

I'm thinking about taking it to guitar center but.... its guitar center...

they dont do repairs at guitar center at least not ones by me. just find a local amp repair guy, they will know local ones at guitar center though. changing power tubes is easy but then you need to bias it and you need certain electronics to do that, and there are parts in a tube amp that can kill you, even when its unplugged. be careful
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
From the sounds of it, it doesn't sound to complicated. I just pop in the new tubes and use a multimeter to check the bias point and then use a screw driver to adjust the bias point. Right? (I could be horribly wrong lol)
If you're not sure about what you're doing, or have guessed what you should do; I wouldn't advise poking around your amplifier with a screw driver.
Be a lot safer to get it done by a professional.
^Lol true but truth is I don't have much money to pay somebody to do it for me.
Okay, but you don't also have a second chance at life; don't you?
Ha it just seems really easy and I was confused about it because it sounded easy. If I do I will make sure it's grounded.

Plus idk I want good tubes in it and the person I bought the amp from put crappy ones in it. I don't want them to replace them with the same ones. I don't see how you could die unless you just randomly poke a screwdriver in different places.
Last edited by ltmusicman at Mar 15, 2008,
Dude, get yourself some new tubes, Take your amp to a professional, let him replace/bias the tubes, and be on your way to tonesville.
Trust me, it wouldn't be worth risking your life for something like that.