Poll: How do you feel about grammar?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about grammar?
Use grammar please!!!
183 73%
i don't rly care either way
52 21%
gramer is 4 fag
17 7%
Voters: 252.
Page 1 of 2
The misspelling in the title wasn't intentional, lol D:

I've seen people on this forum use grammar, some that don't. What about you?
As for me, I don't really care either way. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 14, 2008,
I'm a grammar Nazi on myself. It's out of habit after trying to maintain proper grammar for the SATs...

Oh, and your poll option implies that grammar is the same thing as spelling, which it isn't. Grammar focuses on the proper usage and arrangement of standard idiomatic language. Spelling focuses on the correct spelling of a word.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 14, 2008,
Grammar Nazi.

Not really. If I know what you're trying to say, I don't really take issue with anything.
I am certainly not a 'grammer Nazi'.
There are many threads on this subject and also a group. Please use the search function this forum provides.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Flying Couch
Grammar Nazi.

Not really. If I know what you're trying to say, I don't really take issue with anything.

I know dude, I **** my pants right after I posted it
You'll learn quick that talking/typing like a bonehead is not good.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

If its on the internet it doesnt matter, but if its on an english paper then yes it does matter.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
There are plenty of people on here for whom English isn't a first language. The better grammar you use, the easier it is for them.
Quote by smb
There are plenty of people on here for whom English isn't a first language. The better grammar you use, the easier it is for them.

Yes, that is true. Sad thing is, most of those who speak poor English type better than some who speak good English >_>.
Well to me, grammar on the internet is like a firm handshake in a way. But, not always. Some people just suck no matter what.

I think a more appropriate term would be "grammar fascist".
I try to use the best grammar I can, and I don't usually find it annoying when others don't. Sometimes though I'll see a wall of text without a single period. That gets me. Still I won't be a dick about it.
We're only strays.
Well, yes, I prefer to type in, and read, good grammar.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
It's fucking annoying when people don't use capitals and apostrophes in the correct spots. However, the one that really makes me want to kill babies is when people mess up there/their/they're.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I use Grammar all the time.
It annoys me when someone posts, "lol i liek dat", and you have to translate it from illogicality into sense.
Quote by lotsofvolume
I use Grammar all the time.
It annoys me when someone posts, "lol i liek dat", and you have to translate it from illogicality into sense.

That's not a grammar problem. Grammar, in your context, shouldn't be capitalized either.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yes. In fact, the other day my girlfriend was making a list, and I went through correcting all the mistakes she made in it. She told me to shut up.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

yes. although i am not capitalizing and whatnot (because i'm on the computer), i cannot stand it when people spell somthing wrong or put commas and apostrophes in the wrong places, among other things.

i type out everything online..i can't do that "i kno u" blah blah nonsense. i always correct my friends when they do that. my best friend has a problem spelling TOMORROW (she spells it tomarow) and i always correct her..i'm so close to slapping her in the face.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

^Yes, physical punishment for those with learning disabilities.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
My brother spelled "womans" as "woman's" one time (As if he were trying to use proper grammar) and it made me mad. I consider myself a Grammar Nazi.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

not using grammer just shows lack of respect and laziness.

i always type properly.... nt lyk dis.
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
no, because English baby's write better than I do

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I'm not a grammar Nazi, as far as I know, but I do always type using correct spelling and grammar. I'd prefer it if everyone did the same, but I don't complain about it.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by TehPwn3r
I hate it when People spell me "mi" its like WTF the word is not any shorter.

+1 i hate it when people sell you "yhu" wtf is the point

on topic: i wouldn't say i'm a grammar nazi but correct grammar just makes it easier to read
I hate seeing people that write like this:

"lol i wuz walkin down the st. and this fag said fu**** u lol"
Yes, yes and yes.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by talia.
yes. although i am not capitalizing and whatnot (because i'm on the computer), i cannot stand it when people spell somthing wrong or put commas and apostrophes in the wrong places, among other things.

i type out everything online..i can't do that "i kno u" blah blah nonsense. i always correct my friends when they do that. my best friend has a problem spelling TOMORROW (she spells it tomarow) and i always correct her..i'm so close to slapping her in the face.

Why cant you use capitals? Don't you use them all the time in essay writing? I can't see how people use them all the time in projects for school then suddenly seem to be unable to write in proper sentences the moment they hit the internet..

I hate abbreviations... lol, wtf, brb, ttyl, etc etc.
I try to use proper grammar as best as I can, but I don't point out someone's mistakes unless they're reprimanding someone else for theirs.

For example, someone saying "your stupid."
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I don't mind if someones spelling/grammer isn't perfect as long as it's decent. Wen sum1 tlks lik thishen its anoying.
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Mar 14, 2008,
I think people are idiots if they spell because "becuz" or something, and the "their, they're, there" thing.

I get more annoyed by search bar whining.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Why cant you use capitals? Don't you use them all the time in essay writing? I can't see how people use them all the time in projects for school then suddenly seem to be unable to write in proper sentences the moment they hit the internet..

I hate abbreviations... lol, wtf, brb, ttyl, etc etc.

It's ironic because you used abbreviations of your own.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Page 1 of 2