ok, pinch harmonics ive got pretty much sorted, but i have a tremelo on my strat and i really dont use it very much i have loads of songs by bands i like that use the tremelo, but basically all of them are way too fast for me. any songs anyone could recommend for me to practice with? preferably songs in either 1 step down or drop C. remember i am pretty much a complete beginner in terms of tremelo(ing).
is it a floyd or a standard trem.
The floyd is what you need to do metal tremolo, the standard can only be used a little bit or it will make the guitar go out of tune. If your strat is a standard it has a normal and is limited in it's uses (as compared to the floyd I mean, it can still do good stuff)
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I can imagine you can do some yngwie tricks with a standard trem

like, using it to accent notes and blend slides down
I hope that makes some sense haha
If you set up your standard tremolo correctly, you can do some pretty crazy stuff on it. Not like floyd quality but on my friends squier I did all the stuff (2 point instead of 6, re-adjusted springs, re-tied the strings, lubricated the nut and string trees.) and I could divebomb with little or no detunage.
I don't even shred
Quote by jackshred
I can imagine you can do some yngwie tricks with a standard trem

like, using it to accent notes and blend slides down
I hope that makes some sense haha

Yeah he does use it pretty well

There are alot of little things you can do that are musical with the trem. Getting good at dipping in and up to pitches sounds great if you can get the control and timing down well.