i know that stewmac makes neck thru necks witha 25" scale length, but does anyone know of a company that makes 25.5" necks?
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Carvin does, but don't quote me on that. It shouldn't matter, as the scale relies more on where you place the bridge than anything; IE Jackson Fusions used standard scale necks.
nah im thinking od making a rhoads and was just wonering, cus the floyd placement might be a bugger if i got it wrong
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
No the scale length is very important. The frets are all different distances for each scale. You cant just make a 25 into a 25.5 or 25.5 into 24 3/4. The carvin neck has a more strat style headstock. The stewmac has a LP style. You can change the fret board if you really want the 25.5 scale.
^^ I know scale length is important and having it messed up can be one of the greatest downfalls of a build but perhaps you misunderstood my post. What I understood is he is building the body from scratch so he can choose to have what ever scale he wants and get the corresponding scale length neck. So unless he really wants a 25.5" and is willing to spend alot more for it he can easily get a 25" scale neck and use that without any problem as long as he places his bridge 25" from the nut and not 25.5".
Sorry if my post is a bit unclear...