AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?
6,605 IQ
I've just inhereted five Rush albums, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Signals. I'm curious, what is the best album to start getting into Rush as I've heard no end of great reviews and comments on them. I love Porcupine Tree and Rush's guitarist guested on one of their recent albums.
Awaken
Only Passion
228 IQ
2112 is probably their most popular, but their all amazing

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Oneordinarylife
In the Labyrinth
66 IQ
As someone who's seen Rush multiple times in concert, I'd say start with anything BUT Signals. I would recommend either 2112 or Hemispheres.

The reason is that some people LOVE Signals and think it's one of their best albums, and some people hate it. If you need further proof, go look on wikipedia. One of the reviews is like, four and a half stars, and Rolling Stone gave it two stars.

Personally, I think Signals has its ups and downs. Subdivisions is one of my favorite songs, and there are some others on there, but just don't start with it. The others are much more friendly.
Quote by Ellron
Masterbate to her image then tell her about it...Then you will have to forget about her.

Quote by unplugtheradio
im gonna go tell my friends that if i die i want a myspace bulletin about me.
rush5757
Banned
732 IQ
On Permanent Waves, check out Spirit of the Radio. Great song, easy to get into rush listening to it. You will probably like the whole 2112 album, but it's most famous for the song entitled 2112. I recommend you get Moving Pictures as well, it's one of my favorite albums ever.