What type of Ernie Ball Strings would be good to buy as a begginer

I was looking at the strings with the pink wrapping(Slinkys) and the Hybrids. What about super slinkys?

Whats the main difference between these strings?
What kind of coating of strings are good also? Nickel wound, pure nickel, pure stell ect.
I thing ernie ball regulars would be best as a beginner tbh, there not too heavy or light.

The main difference between those too strings would be the feel, slinkys would be much heavier than the hybrids.

and finally: imo nickel wound strings are good
are you sold on Ernie's or would you consider checking out other brands, i.e maybe D'Addadrio...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
or cleartone if you don't mind spending a bit more on strings. ernie ball regulars would be good though too.
i use super slinkys (9-42) in the pink packet
i used to use regulars (10-46) but they broke far too much

ive got my ernie ball t-shirt on just now too
Top lel.
Yeah im pretty sold on Ernie Ball Strings.
What does it mean when it says 10-46 or 9 to 42? Isnt this string gauge?
What is an advantage or disadvantage of having heavier strings? Are they so heavy that they are hard to play as a begginer?

How often to the regular Ernie ball strings break? How often should I change them?
yeah 9-42 is the gauge: 9 being the thinnest, 42 being the thickest.

thicker strings give a fuller sound i guess, they are also better if you are down tuning.
They are also, imo, harder to learn on and can take even experienced players a while to get used to them especially if they are used to using very thin strings.

I never really break strings now and usually change them once a month, depending on how much ive been using a certain guitar or if ive been gigging.
Top lel.
super slinky all the way!

oh, and the thicker the string, the fatter/heavier the sound. and harder to bend/hold. not hugely harder, but youll notice the difference. i played with zak wylde 10-60 boomers, and i liked those. fcked my nut when i got lower gauge strings immediately after though lol
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by the memory
yeah 9-42 is the gauge: 9 being the thinnest, 42 being the thickest.

thicker strings give a fuller sound i guess, they are also better if you are down tuning.
They are also, imo, harder to learn on and can take even experienced players a while to get used to them especially if they are used to using very thin strings.

I never really break strings now and usually change them once a month, depending on how much ive been using a certain guitar or if ive been gigging.
according to you 10-46 should thick as bass strings :P
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
according to you 10-46 should thick as bass strings :P

what lol?
those zakk wyldes with the low 70 might aswell be bass strings :p
Top lel.
for a beginner, you should probably go with .9's(super slinky) or .10's (regular)

i have nickel wound..i dont really know about the others...mine work great though
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by the memory
what lol?
those zakk wyldes with the low 70 might aswell be bass strings :p
Haha so true.

well I think it's up to him what flavor of strings to go with.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by nin3donian
Yeah im pretty sold on Ernie Ball Strings.
What does it mean when it says 10-46 or 9 to 42?

No offence, but how can you be 'sold' on a certain brand when you don't understand string gauges?

If you play a Fender-type guitar get 9s or 10s, and if you play a Gibson-type get 10s or 11s. You'll develop your own preference over time, but it's best to start with moderately light strings until you've built up a little muscle strength.
I like Rotosound Oranges (0.09-0.46)

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

By the way next Wednesday I'll be putting my nickle wound earnie balls on via my teacher.

And hes going to replace the pickups for me as well. By the way they're 10-46's in the lime green pack.

and I've been using the same stats for strings but I used datterio's

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Last edited by CortFan1 at Mar 14, 2008,
my brother does my pickup replacements since he's intro electronics :P
I'm into 9-46 but when i get my next guitar which'll be a 24 3/4 scale length i'll probably move up to 10-52 or whatever the mixed gauge is above 9-46
Yeah I guess im not really sold on it, it's just that I prefer them at this point. They seem to be high quality strings, and easy for a begginer to play. Ill probobly experiment with different strings later on.

Thanks for the help
testing phase you need to shop around buy 1 kind then when you break a string buy another kind till you find with suits you best im sold on ernie balls 12's shoot when i try to play my friends guitar it fells like hes using dental floss for strings -.-
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
I use regular 10's. Lower gauge are thinner, easier to bend and have lower string tension compared to thicker strings with the same tuning. D'addario are pretty good as well, wouldn't mind using them if only they don't rust that fast with my fingers.