well I tried one today (actually it was a Delta Blues but I tried a Classic 30 to) sounded great low end was a bit whats the work flabby I dunno just to loose maybe. other than that I really liked it I will consider this.

whats a good used price for a delta blues? they have a used one for 400? good bad ok? and I"m sure I could get them down a bit.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The speaker probably isn't broken in. What settings did you have it on, and what guitar were you using?
The Classic/DB series generally has pretty bright cleans, and a balanced drive.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I was using a PRS

H ad the bass at around 8

mids around 11

treble around 9/10

I actually really liked it.

and the speaker was definantly broken in. it was a used amp so yah

and darn it your avatar I can't ever tell who I'm talking to anymore lol
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The Peavey Classic series is excellent. And don't worry, I thought the same about the bass at first, but play with the EQ and you'll be fine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the problem with the bass mightve been it was the 115 version and it just had alot more bass.

also is 400 a good deal for the delta blues used?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^How much was the classic? Or wasn't that used?
I dunno, that isn't too hot of a deal for a DB. It's cheaper than retail, but you can still do better.
I've seen c30's (retail 600) go for 350 before.
Next time you go there, try these settings:

Bass: 10
Mids:5
Treb: 6

The DB/Classic series is quite middy, so cranked mids and humbuckers will make it sound kind of weird. The trick is to play with single coils (the classic/db series likes single coil guitars the best, to my ears), and have a good amount of bass and slightly scooped mids.
Just leave the boost off, and you'll be fine.

and about my avatar. Hehe, yeah, I thought I needed something else besides my guitar kitty. I just wanted something different.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
$400's a good price, and I definitely prefer the 1x15 version to the 2x10. Great amp, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^Yeah. The extra bass from the 15" speaker is nice.
I'm thinking of buying a 1 or 2x15 extention cab for my C50 4x10, to get the bottom end which the 10" speakers can't handle.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
no the classic 30 wasn't used and I don't wanna shell out 600 bucks I don't have lol.

About the settings I'll try em but I'm kinda a middy sort if you listen to boston there isn't much low end there lol.

the delta blues IS used but looks brandnew i didn't find a scratch on it. but I'm sure I can get them down to 350is 300. MAYBE. My dad and uncle know the owner pretty well and I've bought 2 guitars and 2 amps from them plus some pedals and I know them pretty well. Plus it's a little local shop so I should be able to get them down some I'll try for like 325 is that a better deal?

also I can trade my princeton chorus in and get around 180 200 bucks for it.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Yeah, mids are great, but too much, and you'll kind of get a honky tone. And, the settings on your current amp probably will sound loads different on another amp.
All right, try to talk them down a bit more.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Classics sell for less than the DB's because there are so many more of them on the market. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a Delta Blues being that I think it's a superior amp - and I say that as the owner of a C30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well I'll see if I can talk them down a bit more
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era