What are some simple beginner tabs? I'm able to play the beginning of one, paint it black, hypnotize by system of a down, stuff like that what are some other ones?
Nothing else matters - Metallica that's the first song I learnt.

There is a whole thread on these somewhere.
Quote by EddieRhoads
Iron man, Crazy train, Bark at the moon, Rock you like a hurricane, and the first riff of Panama.

I wouldn't recommend Rock you like a hurricane. The solo is nowhere close to easy. Anyways, you could try a few Blink 182 songs like Adam's Song, Dammit... Last Kiss by Pearl Jam is easy as well...

Here's the link:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/pearl_jam/last_kiss_ver4_crd.htm

This was my first song and it really helped me with the chords
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

First ones I learned were: American Pie (Don McClean), Take it Easy (The Eagles), and pretty much any Tom Petty song. They're good intros to strumming patterns and getting used to different chords.
Quote by TechnicolorType
Isn't like he has to learn the solo.. there's a rythm part in it

True, but you don't get the feel of learning the entire song... Atleast that's how it is for me....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

i assume whoever said crazy train meant the rhythm part because the lead might be a little tricky for a beginner

most sabbath and ac/dc songs will do you there pretty much all easy
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Try searching the forums. Theres literally a thread every few days regarding good beginner songs.
I started with One (intro, first riff) - Metallica
Adam's Song - Blink is good also; um what else?

the rythem to most punk bands are good for starting off on. but i would strongly recomend going to someone that you know who plays guitar also, and try and pick up what they know by asking questions and getting help ect. one of my freinds who plays guitar about ten times better than me but has only been playing about as long as I pushed himself realy friggen hard by trying to learn songs that where way out of his leuge- which is what i should have done. so two years later he can sweep three strings and i am just learning to play lead.

Time. you need to try hard to find time also.
curently composes with Guitar Pro 5. amazing peace of software. i'd recomend it. and Samplitude recording studio.

myspace.com/somethingstarted
Quote by EddieRhoads
Iron man, Crazy train, Bark at the moon, Rock you like a hurricane, and the first riff of Panama.

none of those are what you'd call "beginner" songs, save possibly for Iron Man.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
none of those are what you'd call "beginner" songs, save possibly for Iron Man.

the intro of one;

e-------------- -------------------
--- play x2 --- -------------------
--------------- 0--------------------
---4--0---4--0- --4--0---4-0---4-0------------------
--2--2--------- -2--2---0-0----------2-2-----------
E-------3---3-- --------------3-3---0-2--------------

that riff is easy for someone who wants to learn to play beyond a beginner level. but yes, you are right, 99% of the song is hard as hell.
curently composes with Guitar Pro 5. amazing peace of software. i'd recomend it. and Samplitude recording studio.

Quote by something_start
the intro of one;

e-------------- -------------------
--- play x2 --- -------------------
--------------- 0--------------------
---4--0---4--0- --4--0---4-0---4-0------------------
--2--2--------- -2--2---0-0----------2-2-----------
E-------3---3-- --------------3-3---0-2--------------

that riff is easy for someone who wants to learn to play beyond a beginner level. but yes, you are right, 99% of the song is hard as hell.

The poster he was responding to never mentioned One.

TS: Try Paranoid and Iron Man, the solos may be difficult but it's good practice on holding down steady rhythms. If you're looking for an easy way to get into lead guitar, try Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison - the end of the main solo will be a little too hard but the rest is good.
oh i didn't read his whole reply, i just skimmed over it. haha. my bad

as a total beginner myself, Seek and Destroy by metallica seemed easy enough to learn, and I almost have it down, minus the solo
Come As You Are - Nirvana

Incredibly simplistic. It all stays within the first 2 frets, except for the solo...But even that is still pretty easy.
try one step closer by linkin park the first song i learned all linkin park songs ara easy and so cool
I am basically a beginner myself and I can make it through RAMONES-Beat on the Brat without any issues. And my kid picked up the basic drum beats in about 5 minutes and she never even played the drums before. Now if I can find a cheap bass for my wife...
Quote by redlionmdw
I am basically a beginner myself and I can make it through RAMONES-Beat on the Brat without any issues. And my kid picked up the basic drum beats in about 5 minutes and she never even played the drums before. Now if I can find a cheap bass for my wife...

Lol
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by shaftusn2007
What are some simple beginner tabs? I'm able to play the beginning of one, paint it black, hypnotize by system of a down, stuff like that what are some other ones?

the songs i started off with were ones like "cannonball", "wonderwall" and "i had a dream" they're very simple and the chords are easy.......
im a begginer as well, i really enjoy playing red hot chilli pepper's stuff. (cant stop, otherside, californication)

as well as some metallica (unforgiven, one) and some green day with some nirvana along with black sabbath.

but only the main riffs, i cant solo yet
yeah like said Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Crazy Train, Nothing Else Matters, and I'm sure there are more that I'm missing, but those should keep you busy for a little while.
i found these easy, im a complete newb

all right now....... free

dont fear the reaper... blue oyster cult... lla la la la la darn song is stuck in my head

paranoid... sabbath... the slides at the start and the hammer ons are a bit tricky, im a brummie so i thought i would learn that first.

thats the only three i can play lol.
at the moment, i have started to play canon rock.....its s bit uh, complicated(?)
it will take me a while...a long long time before i can play it properly - the only type of playing i can do is fingerpickin and strumming.....roflmao
ha ha! im learning tapping, hammer-ons, pull-offs, slapping and popping on my bass atm.
im kinda struggling with pull-offs and slapping though.

you have a lot to learn, my friend.XD
that last post was for ArCanadh btw. threads are so confuzzling...

um, Nirvana's songs are pretty easy, and greenday's.
i think a good way to learn is to try a long, advanced solo with loads of tapping and vibratos and stuff...just work it out bit by bit.

and figuring out songs by ear can really help you to get accustomed to all the notes and the octaves. and you feel a lot more accomplished when you finish it!XD schgluck!