Where am I suppose to be after a year of playing?

Right now I'm starting to reconneize chords and notes with out looking at my cheat sheet, I can play any song after about 3 days of learning it all way through and I know a few modes and scales. And my right hand is automatically muting when I need it to mute to keep my sound clean and I can alternate pick with ease.

By the way I got a "VERY ROCKY START PLAYING" when I first started to learn.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Everyone learns at different rates. You wouldn't be as good if you were less dedicated to practising the instrument, and maybe you would be better at it by now if you had practiced more. For things like theory and sight reading, also, people will get to grips with it at different rates.
Quote by blue_strat
Everyone learns at different rates. You wouldn't be as good if you were less dedicated to practising the instrument, and maybe you would be better at it by now if you had practiced more. For things like theory and sight reading, also, people will get to grips with it at different rates.
True true, but I can sight read the better part of the year was learning to sight read.

First I started playing bass then I've learned I really couldn't hear the "notes" and that took a year from my learning. Found out I have shotgun earing and thats why the bass notes sound more like boom boom boom instead of e f g you know?

so I finally said f that and purchased my first guitar and I took right off learning it better then I have learned on the bass and I could actually hear the notes.

Very cool so thats why I'm a late bloomer.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
Where am I suppose to be after a year of playing?

Right now I'm starting to reconneize chords and notes with out looking at my cheat sheet, I can play any song after about 3 days of learning it all way through and I know a few modes and scales. And my right hand is automatically muting when I need it to mute to keep my sound clean and I can alternate pick with ease.

By the way I got a "VERY ROCKY START PLAYING" when I first started to learn.

It all depends on the difficulty of the songs you play, and the hours you practice them...
Quote by isaac_bandits
It all depends on the difficulty of the songs you play, and the hours you practice them...
1-2 hours a day and they're all ac/dc and Ten D songs.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.