im stuck right now in the solid state era so idk how much power i need/shoud have in a tube amp
i love clean tones, chimey all the way to thick warm tones
i am only using it in a recording studio right now and for practice but i hope to play this amp at somg shows

i play a PRS SE custom and a Fender Strat
You want cleans only?

If you want clean at high volumes, get a high wattage amp. Or get a two channel amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Budget, Type of Music, etc. are all very helpful. But based on this I'd say '65 Twin Reverb ftw.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
General consensus is 15w watts cranked clears a drummer, and 30w will be have enough headroom to to clear the drummer and stay clean.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Styles? Budget?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
styles i would say death cab for cutie for the mellowed out tones, incubus, led zepplin (legendary stairway to heaven crystal clear tone), red hot chilli peppers (under the bridge and cant stop) stuff like that.
i dont have any shows yet so i would say no larger than small clubs, max 100 ppl

budget? lets say less than 1100 for now, idk if i can spend more
Depends on the venue and if they have a pa system...

We have on place down here that is a volley ball club and they book outside shows.. So a fully open enviorment some power is going to be needed. Vs a small closed in venue... Everyone will say go small but what if you have an outside venue with no PA?

Thus the reason im a halfstack guy.. You can always turn it down, but once you hit 10 theres no going up...
there always has to be a PA because of vocals, im just buying gear now in hopes that i get used to it and in a year and 1/2 have a band at the college level, i need the amp to be small enough to fit in a college room (ill probably buy a power atinuator once i get there)
You are officially my favorite new member. You're well informed, aren't persistent on getting a halfstack, and have some nice gear to boot. Just a suggestion though, is give a bit more info in your initial post of a "what to buy" thread.

As for your question, you can't go wrong with pretty much any Fender for cleans.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by deadagain6591
there always has to be a PA because of vocals, im just buying gear now in hopes that i get used to it and in a year and 1/2 have a band at the college level, i need the amp to be small enough to fit in a college room (ill probably buy a power atinuator once i get there)

Not always.... Theres a big difference from a vocal only pa setup and a full blown club pa system...

Plus i hate the way pa systems sound.... There never a truly acurate representation of your sound.... And usually the guys running them aren't the most techie guys around. Usually old drunk and dont really care... And the most pa systems have seen better days... Best sounds i've heard at a bar were the guys that brung in half stacks and didnt mic them...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Not always.... Theres a big difference from a vocal only pa setup and a full blown club pa system...

Plus i hate the way pa systems sound.... There never a truly acurate representation of your sound.... And usually the guys running them aren't the most techie guys around. Usually old drunk and dont really care... And the most pa systems have seen better days... Best sounds i've heard at a bar were the guys that brung in half stacks and didnt mic them...

It's brought.

And although some people say 15w tube is enough, you should still go for 30 or more if you have the chance.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i was listening to a mesa boogie amp on you tube ( the steletto) and i think that sounds great paired with a PRS guitar, idk how a fender strat would sound through it

any other recomendations?
Quote by IbanezPsycho

I've played at some very nice clubs where the pa is actually perfect, but yet again these places are the top of the line where the touring pros play too. Some clubs have it pretty decent though.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I would probably go ac30 or twin reverb with a metal muff
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
A 30w fender tube will be plenty loud for 95% of the time. And alot easier to move around than a half stack. Go to a shop with a good selection and try some different fenders. See what you like.
Quote by deadagain6591
i was listening to a mesa boogie amp on you tube ( the steletto) and i think that sounds great paired with a PRS guitar, idk how a fender strat would sound through it

any other recomendations?

the stiletto is a pretty good amp, usually not mentioned too much, but it's pretty marshally which should cover your zeppelin, rhcp, and incubus, and should be flexible enough for indie stuff too.

mind you, it's kinda expensive new, and on the used market probably around $1300.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008