I am new to recording on a pc. The problem I'm having is that when I go to record an audio track in Cubase SX3, it doesn't record the signal sent from Gearbox/Toneport UX2. When I check the plug-ins tab in Cubase, Gearbox is there, but cannot be clicked on or opened. I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I haven't found it yet. I have messed around for hours trying to fix this. Any help would be much appreciated.
isnt the gearbox only supposed to work with the ableton live software you get with it?
Quote by Bastard Son
isnt the gearbox only supposed to work with the ableton live software you get with it?
I've used gearbox/toneport with a lot of programs, works fine.
You must have the Toneport selected as the input sound card, if it already is, then I have no idea.
I'm not that familiar with cubase though.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Grönis at Mar 14, 2008,
go to audio properties and make sure to select Toneport as the audio imput

it works this way with Sound Recorder, Audacity, and Garage Band those are the 3 ive tried it with.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Thanks for the help guys. There are several places on Cubase to mess with VSTs and in the first couple I found there was no mention of Toneport. Finally found it under Devices>Device Set-up> and there was its ASIO driver. Gearbox is no longer a drag. Very fun, now!