First off, I play blues/classic rock (and the smallest amount of metal). I use a HRD with a weber MASS and a bbe green screamer for OD.

I'm wanting to replace my bridge pup. I find that the treble is a bit too harsh, even for a bridge pup, and isn't providing enough crunch for rhythm. It's sound has just been disappointing me all around lately. It's alright clean, though a bit thin.

I'm looking to stay passive and single coil. I don't want to lose that quacky clean strat sound that the bridge affords if at all possible. If it had enough output for me to noodle some metal as well I would be overjoyed, though this is last on my list certainly. It needs to pair up well with the middle pup as the 2nd position is probably my favorite.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'm not your best when it comes to guitar advice, but have you tried toggling your guitar switch? I found that this can provide some crunchyness when needed.
Then it wouldn't be on the bridge pickup.... I have to be honest, your advice makes no sense whatsoever.
From that link I can't really tell what to do, sorry. It seems interesting, put going from that I wouldn't know what to do.
I'll definitely try it, and if it doesn't work out, more reason to get a new pup.

I was thinking maybe some kind of duncan ssl pup, but which one?
I hear it too, too bad they weren't playing rhythm which is my main concern. Gonna have to order one, do you know where there's a more detailed description of how to do it?

No thanks on the lace sensor, I'm not a fan. They're too sterile for me, I need something with more edge.

Any other suggestions?
Lindy fralin blues specials with bass plate and blender pot. Save up for the whole shebang you won't regret it.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Kevin Saale
First off, I play blues/classic rock (and the smallest amount of metal). I use a HRD with a weber MASS and a bbe green screamer for OD.

I'm wanting to replace my bridge pup. I find that the treble is a bit too harsh, even for a bridge pup, and isn't providing enough crunch for rhythm. It's sound has just been disappointing me all around lately. It's alright clean, though a bit thin.

I'm looking to stay passive and single coil. I don't want to lose that quacky clean strat sound that the bridge affords if at all possible. If it had enough output for me to noodle some metal as well I would be overjoyed, though this is last on my list certainly. It needs to pair up well with the middle pup as the 2nd position is probably my favorite.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Try some 5751's or 12AT7's in the preamp of the HRD. I think most newer Fender tube amps are a little harsh with 12AX7's.
Quote by Kevin Saale
From that link I can't really tell what to do, sorry. It seems interesting, put going from that I wouldn't know what to do.

To me it seems like you take out the pickup, not unsolder just take out, place masking tape along the magnetic poles. Then put a baseplate on top of that, melt the wax (I'm assuming it is made out of wax) and let it dry so it will stick the pickup. And then they said to solder grounding tab to ground side pickup