i have a question for you guys, im painting my guitar and no wim in the stage where i put on differernt coats of clear, but can i still put onnitro laquer or not and im a bit confused with how to polish it..with the 1000-2000 grit procces can onyone explain me. thanks!
If you painted the guitar with laquer paint yes you can use the clear laquer. But laquer doesnt work so well over other kinds of paint. With the super fine grits the surface scratches get really really small, you will be really surprised how smooth 2000 grit paper is. But it doesnt last long as it loads up fast and quits sanding. So will need several sheets. I dont use big pieces I cut it into small squares. But its still best to go over it after sanding with a polishing compound for a mirror gloss.
I've got a question. I'm ATM in the process of painting my guitar. I'm doing a Satin finish to it which at the moment is turning out fine but it'll need a buff up or a polish at the end. only thing is, will polishing it make it go too gloss like for what i want?
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
i used that krylon paint..can i still put the nitro on top or what do i do to get the shine?also next time im gonna used laquer paintm but where do i get it?
Quote by funguy
I've got a question. I'm ATM in the process of painting my guitar. I'm doing a Satin finish to it which at the moment is turning out fine but it'll need a buff up or a polish at the end. only thing is, will polishing it make it go too gloss like for what i want?

A satin finish will not gloss.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
A satin finish will not gloss.

ah cool. cheers for that. so it there anything i should use to polish the guitar after clear coating?
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy

for satin don't buff it, just sand it with .0000 steel wool.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass