Page 1 of 4
Because Megadeth is nothing like Cannibal Corpse or Mayhem?

SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Cause he doesn't wanna hear your crappy music.

+1
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Because he likes better music than you do

also +1
I have no opinion on this matter.
Because you haven't made him listen to Nile yet. Give him an hour so of their finest and after that Cannibal Corpse and Mayhem will seem as heavy as Megadeth and Slayer, who in turn will sound as heavy as Oasis
ohai little sig.
My progression into metal was very gradual, get him into some melodic death like In Flames and then try the hardcore death stuff.

trust me, I'm a rabbit.
megadeth and slayer own Mayhem and cannibal corpse. althoughi must say some of the stroies i'e heard about mayhem are just crazy
Sig space available, give me some praise
possibly because he likes bands like Medadeath and Slayer, but doesn't like bands like cannibal corpse and mayhem?... Just a guess
Let him watch some Nile or Necrophagist videos.That got me into death metal too.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
not many people like that music because well, its not pleasent music. lol
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Because Megadeth is better than CC and Mayhem?

Phail.

Quote by ross1234
megadeth and slayer own Mayhem and cannibal corpse. althoughi must say some of the stroies i'e heard about mayhem are just crazy

Phail.

Not everyone likes the same music. And they're not even that similar.
Quote by RedDeath9
Phail.

Phail.

Not everyone likes the same music. And they're not even that similar.

Lulz, it's my opinion that Megadeth is better than CC and Mayhem. Therefore no one phails here.
yeah ill try the nile stuff
he just sez that in death metal there's a lack of melody and too much brutal
like to quote him "less guitar/vocal hooks"
show him that funny but fake video of hammer smashed face thats how i got into cc
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Lock him in a room for 24 hours with Nile blasting. Either he'll start to like it or he'll go insane, it's a win win situation.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Lulz, it's my opinion that Megadeth is better than CC and Mayhem. Therefore no one phails here.

I agree with this man.

Megadeth? Fuckin thrash metal titans.

If I wasn't this lazy I'd switch winamp off random and onto Megadeth right now, but there's a Kyuss song on and I'm enjoying it.
Quote by Acquiescence
yeah ill try the nile stuff
he just sez that in death metal there's a lack of melody and too much brutal
like to quote him "less guitar/vocal hooks"

Two words: Melodic Death
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Death Metal is one of the few genres that I will say I despise

and it's his choice, don't force things on him
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Acquiescence
He likes bands like megadeth and slayer but doesn't like bands like cannibal corpse/mayhem... why

Because you touch yourself at night!

Naw just kidding man
I listen to alot of things, and death and black metal are my favorite
And to everyone that says that megadeth and slayer are better, your problaby only saying that cause they're more mainstream than death and black metal( they're two of the top metal bands of the 80's along with Metallica and Anthrax). Think four letters, WWMD (What would Mustaine do?) cause he picked death metal band Job for a Cowboy to tour on Gigantour. So stop saying that crap, leave your critizism for rap, R&B, and hip hop.
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Quote by Reject_666_6
Two words: Melodic Death

I suggested that already and was cruelly ignored.

I pray you have better luck.

IN FLAMES
Quote by freedoms_stain
I suggested that already and was cruelly ignored.

I pray you have better luck.

IN FLAMES

I know but nobody responded to that specific post yet.

I suggest to start with *runs and hides* Bullet For My Valentine. Seriously, it'll get him used to the screaming more quickly because the guy has a very... commercially pleasant tone of scream. After than move on to In Flames and Kalmah and stuff.

Quote by guitarhero_764
maybe because he actually likes understand what is being said in the song?

just a thought

That's like saying that he doesn't want to learn French because he wants to understand what they're saying. One of the main points of learning to like growls/screams/shrieks is to understand some of the incredible lyrics said.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Because death metal is nothing but noise?

Why does everyone feel the need to force their tastes on everyone else?
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Reject_666_6

I suggest to start with *runs and hides* Bullet For My Valentine. Seriously, it'll get him used to the screaming more quickly because the guy has a very... commercially pleasant tone of scream. After than move on to In Flames and Kalmah and stuff.

BFMV has never been my thing, But I got into metal around the nu-metal years *shame* but that's when I grew up and I've grown out of it now.
Quote by Liberation

I understand what you're trying to get at, but lots of death metal is no less noise than Slayer, which he supposedly listens to, so that argument isn't so valid.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Liberation

+1/2. First statement is idiotic.
I got my mate into Children of Bodom with there cover of "The Final Countdown". And somone else with "Oops, I Did It Again"
Quote by freedoms_stain
BFMV has never been my thing, But I got into metal around the nu-metal years *shame* but that's when I grew up and I've grown out of it now.

Honestly, my first growly band was Children of Bodom, which not many people have as their first, so I feel kinda wierd for that.

Quote by St.Loony
I got my mate into Children of Bodom with there cover of "The Final Countdown". And somone else with "Oops, I Did It Again"

Bodom never covered The Final Countdown, it's just a file-sharing mislabel gone wild.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6

That's like saying that he doesn't want to learn French because he wants to understand what they're saying. One of the main points of learning to like growls/screams/shrieks is to understand some of the incredible lyrics said.

I just don't understand why they need to sing so low and have their guitars distorted so much, its just a bunch of loud noise to me.
Do you guys listen to music together a lot if you do I can see why you would want him to listen to DM... But if you guys don't listen to music together then who cares whats going into his ears...
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Oh, and like someone said, extreme metal is definitely an acquired taste. You don't go from pop to Behemoth instantaneously. Though Slayer to Cannibal Corpse isn't much of a stretch...
Well, at least your friend doesn't jizz his pants over Korn and Linkin Park, and he doesn't get mad at anyone who tells them other bands have more talent.

And extreme metal is an acquired taste. Maybe get him into some melodeath first? Metalcore if 1st if he doesn't like that.

Quote by guitarhero_764
I just don't understand why they need to sing so low and have their guitars distorted so much, its just a bunch of loud noise to me.

It's an acquired taste. You can't just listen to poppy stuff and all of a sudden listen to extreme metal. Baby steps.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Mar 14, 2008,
Page 1 of 4