I'm havin a hell of a time finding someone who will sell me a quilt maple veneer the size of a normal guitar for $10. Several websites sell quilt maple this cheap, but its 40 inches. i dont need that much. any suggestions? i really find it hard to believe somone will sell over 3 feet of veneer less expensive than a normal size guitar veneer .
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
what do you plan to do with it?

maple tops for guitar are not typically veneers......... carve tops (lp, etc) are ~5/8" thick and "drop tops" are ~1/4" thick. You will not find either dimensions for $10, try $50+ for poor figure. maple veneer at that price is cardstock thickness. if you want it that thin i dont understand why you wouldn't buy the "40 inch" source.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Quality quilt or flame maple is expensive and you wont find it for that price. At least for guitars. The stuff for cabinets is going to be really thin and wont be the same grade. Most places selling guitar grade thickness maple for tops are getting 50 to 120 bucks. If you find a place selling 1/4 or thicker high grade quilt maple for 10 bucks you lets us all know.
Quote by gazaa
what do you plan to do with it?

maple tops for guitar are not typically veneers......... carve tops (lp, etc) are ~5/8" thick and "drop tops" are ~1/4" thick.

the guitar i'm designing wouldn't
look very good with a carved top, but i still want a figured top. i changed my mind anyway- i'll probably do zebrawood or bubinga
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking