A few days ago i bought a guitar and as some may ask "from where??" well i got this thing from eBay. Yeppers eBay but anywho the guy was a little sketchy on the guitar model and brand. He posted it was a tulip 110, which of course is a teisco and which (if you know your teiscos) is incorrect. he also posted like ten different guitar brands (which confuses the crap out of me). Ive searched High and low but cant seem to locate the ID for this guitar, so im here lets see if what is it like..... my fellow 100,000 guitarists can help me out.

Direct link to the eBay description: Guitar Description
Attachments:
fc22_1[1].jpg
I ѦM i₪saǃ₪∑ ѧӣԂ ӋѳỰ aRᴲ my i₪sA₪!TӋיִיִיִ
What im up to:
Reading:State of Fear Listening: RA DIOHEA_D
Watching: teh weather
damn... that thing looks like a combination of alot of guitars.
i have no clue what it is.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Neh, and ive done everything (except use an electron microscope) then again those are very expensive.
What im up to:
LOL! I had that exact same guitar. It was given to me by someone that was going to throw it away... I spent days looking for the model and never came up with anything. So one day when we were moving i said screw it and threw it out.... Thank god its not going for a million bucks thats always been my greatest fear... Ohhh and the guitar sucked pretty bad another reason i threw it out, im pretty sure it was a very low line because the pickups have that weird plastic insert with philiips head screws for the posts...

Never could find out who made it, i would be intresting in someone finding it out as well..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 14, 2008,
so close but so far.........oh how far.............. anyway this specific guitar plays AWESOME, about as good as my friends lespaul, the sounds a little buzzy but thats expected from single coils and its not too much buzz to be a problem. The sound is really umm kinda strat leaning towards a tele. But personally i like the thing. Looks cool too (i adore the bridge)
What im up to:
I have a very limited knowledge of Teiscos, but that doesn't look like one that I've seen. I wouldn't rule it out, though. The headstock looks like a Teisco's, and the lack of brand name on the headstock would also suggest that it's a Teisco. Most of them have a little logo, usually a crown, glued on there, and they eventually fall off. So it might be. Or it could be some wierd Japanese strat knockoff from back in the day. I really couldn't tell you any more.

I'll try and do a little research, and if I come up with anything, I'll let you know.
looks like a fender jazzmaster or a fender jaguar. its definatly one of those 2.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Didn't Kurt Cobain something like that? It just looks so fimiliar. I'm pretty sure I seen Kurt Cobain something like that. My grandma gave me something a little similar to that but it had one pickup and it looks more like an SG than that.
Last edited by Lucas Bundy MAN at Mar 14, 2008,
Hello again, oh and i dont think its any type of fender guitar, in fact im betting my microcube its a japanese model, but yes it is cool in'it
What im up to:
Quote by itchy guitar
looks like a fender jazzmaster or a fender jaguar. its definatly one of those 2.

... And you sound like an idiot
The body looks remarkably similar to the Dipinto Mach IV
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Heh she's my "frakenstrat" now and thats a cool nick name for a guitar. the body is stratocaster-esqe but is more flowing on the right, and seeing how different it is the pickgaurd seems hard if not impossible to find for a replacement, not to mention other parts for the guitar
What im up to:
Reminds me a bit of, I dunno, some Hofners I've seen. Or a similar European brand. Hard to say.

Dunno, man. It looks cool, though.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I think he said that because of the switches, but no it isnt one of those two
What im up to:
Hmm, I don't think it's a Teisco, but the guy was on the right lines. It's probably an early 70's Japanese made guitar by the looks of it. It looks quite similar to an old Silvertone model, but it's not. I think it might be an Eastwood or something. But I'm no expert on these, it might be a Teisco as suggested.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
mosrite is pretty famous for having the bottom "horn" stick out further that the top...that would be my guess...either way...its definitely asian....
Quote by Kurapica
Hmm, I don't think it's a Teisco, but the guy was on the right lines. It's probably an early 70's Japanese made guitar by the looks of it. It looks quite similar to an old Silvertone model, but it's not. I think it might be an Eastwood or something. But I'm no expert on these, it might be a Teisco as suggested.

http://www.gearwire.com/teisco-guitars.html

It says there that Teisco was imported into the U.S. under the name Silvertone at one point. I am in NO way saying Gearwire is a respectable source of information, but Teisco was shipped under many brand names. I knew about Teisco, Teisco Del Ray, World Teisco, and Kingston, but had not heard the Silvertone one until now. Just saying it may be a possibility.

Still checking that guitar out. I found a couple of Teisco and Aria models that looked kind of like it, but nothing too close. I'll keep looking.
Ive found a guitar remarkably, and now i mean almost identical to my guitar. There are a few differences but i may be on to something, the only odd thing is i dug this up on a german site, so i dont have an inkling on wtf they are saying. the serial number is an exact match to my mystery guitar. Take a look!

Teisco EG413-3T
What im up to:
Looks like a Teisco to me...

If you don't know your vintage cheap ass guitars of the day, almost all companies manufactured guitars for different people and under different names. It might be made by Teisco but could be marked as a Kay, or Silvertone or something.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
http://www.gearwire.com/teisco-guitars.html

It says there that Teisco was imported into the U.S. under the name Silvertone at one point. I am in NO way saying Gearwire is a respectable source of information, but Teisco was shipped under many brand names. I knew about Teisco, Teisco Del Ray, World Teisco, and Kingston, but had not heard the Silvertone one until now. Just saying it may be a possibility.

Still checking that guitar out. I found a couple of Teisco and Aria models that looked kind of like it, but nothing too close. I'll keep looking.

Sometimes they were aye. Just looks to me like some of the Silvertone ones that I've seen, as I've never seen one branded as Teisco like that.

I dunno though, I'm no expert on this sort of thing. I think I saw a Zenta once that wasn't dissimilar too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay