2. Electro-Harmonix Micro Metal Muff
4. Ibanez SM7
5. Ibanex DS7
6. Electro-Harmonix Nano Pocket Metal Muff
7. Boss MD-2
8. Line-6 ToneCore Dr. Distorto
9. Rocktron Rampage Distortion
10.DigiTech Grunge

Would anyone that has or has used any of these recommend one, not recommend one, or recommend one over another? Because I'm looking for a pretty cheap pedal (around 70-80 bucks preferably) and could find about these. Anyone have other recommendations, if you wouldn't recommend these? This would be very much appreciated.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
What are you going to be playing with it? If anything heavier than maybe grunge, I'd suggest the Micro Metal Muff.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
try them out and see what you like. its difficult to make recommendations without knowing what sound you are aiming for. and you might be better off saving that money for a better amp.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
i got the Boss ds-1 on musicians friend for like $45 with shipping and ****, and it's pretty damn great... real inexpensive, too
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Yeah, very smart, forgot to add that I'm not going to buy a new amp with distortion and stuff built in, because I'm low on money and the most I get per month is $20. Also I don't play a lot of metal, I just like to add some distortion to stuff, and sometimes I do play metal. Usually it's more AC/DC, Iron Maiden, sometimes Pantera. But I'd rather have a pedal that's able to put some heavy distortion on. Also I don't have a tube amp, so overdrive won't work.

EDIT: Actually, talking about another amp, I was just looking at them, and I got my eye on a Line-6 Spider III 15W. It has a ton of effects built in (no distortion unfortunately), and only costs a hundred bucks, compared to the piece of crap I have now, which is a 15W Fender Frontman, also single channel, and no effects except for a bad sounding drive channel.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Last edited by asfastasdark at Mar 14, 2008,
Quote by asfastasdark

EDIT: Actually, talking about another amp, I was just looking at them, and I got my eye on a Line-6 Spider III 15W. It has a ton of effects built in (no distortion unfortunately), and only costs a hundred bucks, compared to the piece of crap I have now, which is a 15W Fender Frontman, also single channel, and no effects except for a bad sounding drive channel.

It has more than one amp models that have distortion.
From someone that went from a Frontman to (after an MG) to a basic spider like that, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for it as your main amp. Look at a Roland Cube of somekind.
Quote by Masonpwiley
It has more than one amp models that have distortion.

Yeah, I saw that after looking at the description more closely .

If you want on-board effects and a wide variety of tones from on single amp, go for Vox Valvetronix series, or Roland Cube.

Roland Cube, maybe, probably, but Vox Valvetronix? No ****ing way. I can only afford an amp at around 120 bucks buddy...
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Quote by dudey5691
+1

A new amp will change your tone a whole lot more than just a distortion pedal in a not-so-great SS amp.

definitely +1. dude, just go down to the music store and play a nice marshall combo, or a fender HRD, and you'll know it. a nice amp makes a WORLD of difference. just try it, I was skeptical at first, but it's true.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
I hate to sound like my old man but get a job. or save your 20 bucks a month each month... and buy something good. Spiders and most Solid state amps in general are garbage, with the exception of some of those peavey trans-tubes and the Roland cube series. A little distortion box is not going to make a cruddy amp sound good. Are you playing in a band? if than you dont need distortion. Learn alot of your stuff clean so when you play with distortion you will be very articulate and clear. Why do you need all those efx and gadgets when you don't even have a real purpose for em. Just practice for the meantime. Good luck!
I'm 14, can't get a job . I didn't know that Spiders were really that bad, they looked pretty good to me .And I just like to throw some distortion into a lot of songs. I was first thinking about getting a delay pedal, then a distortion pedal, and then maybe an amp, but now it's just this Roland Cube... I'm thinking about this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15X-Amp?sku=487030
Has anyone ever used it before, and if so, what's your reaction?
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List: