I am thinking i may have a setup problem because all of my strings feel good except the low E, or in my tuning is low C. I had my guitar setup a few months ago and i am currently using EB Beefy Slinky (11-54) however anytime i do palm-muting or things like that, the string is way to loose and often buzzes.

any help would be great, Thanks

EDIT: When i say loose i mean it feels like it's tuned too low, it still makes a good sound, it just feels loose.
Last edited by Lewis vs Clark at Mar 14, 2008,
Is it holding tune? If not, it might be unwrapping at the ball end. I had my high E do that, completely unwinded, but didn't snap, made a cool whammy effect bending it behind the neck. But anyways, check the string around the tuner and bridge and make sure it's not defective or anything.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
try getting thicker strings. its probably your tuning, and you may need to change your strings because yours might be old and whatnot. my guess is that it's the thickness/age of your strings and your tuning.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
No, this is the second set of EB's and both were like that. I'm not sure what set was on it when it was set up though.
Last edited by Lewis vs Clark at Mar 14, 2008,
Quote by dsotm73
try getting thicker strings. its probably your tuning, and you may need to change your strings because yours might be old and whatnot. my guess is that it's the thickness/age of your strings and your tuning.

What exactly do you mean by tuning? Do you mean tuning in C, or being out of tune? I know i'm in tune if that is what you mean.
^ I think what he asked is if you have the guitar tuned down to open C or one of it's variants. If so, then yes, the strings are bound to feel loose to you, because they are under less tension than if the guitar were to be tuned to standard EADGBe, no matter if you put on fat sloppy strings or not.
buy a separate 6 string just thicker than the one you have right now, i have the same problem with my rg i have it in drop d and the e tsring just feels loose compared to the others
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350